Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Enthusiast

New member here!! Soooo stoked about my new truck!!

Hello everyone! Just joined the forum! Iím just getting back into RC after almost 10 years out of the hobby!! Ever since I saw the Xmaxx i was in love! 😍 Finally decided to pull the trigger and get one! Super excited to be apart of the online community and learn about this truck. I obviously have a lot of learning to do about it. What are some of your recommendations with the truck? I plan on upgrading stuff as I go but is there anything I should check on the truck or parts I should upgrade before I take it out? I heard rumors of different stuff just wanted to hear first hand from all of you!! Thanks everyone! Iíll try and post some pictures later of the truck!

RC Competitor
    Welcome to the group!! Iíve become addicted to this site theyíre a lot of great help here. Post pics of your truck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome, You will enjoy your truck and the site.

Tapatalk app on phone is easiest way to keep up on posts and to put in pictures and so on.

Read the manual lots of good info.

Bookmark, download, print... Whatever. You will need the exploded views. Also in paperwork with car if they still do that.

https://traxxas.com/sites/default/fi...20Assembly.jpg

For fuorm search out this into google

site:https://forums.traxxas.com/ xmaxx search terms

Quick search should show most answer your seeking.

Give car pre un check for assembly issues

Rpm hubs and then things as your break it depending on terrain and drive style.

Happy bashing Enjoy, it's a great car!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for the warm welcome guys!! Iím super excited! I downloaded that app and it works way better. Thank you! Here is some pictures as promised!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Xsandslayer View Post
    Thanks for the warm welcome guys!! I’m super excited! I downloaded that app and it works way better. Thank you! Here is some pictures as promised!

Excellent, love the green one, welcome to the Traxxas Forum, enjoy yur monster.

I just ordered my XMaxx on Thursday can't wait till it gets here

RC Competitor
    Welcome here to the Forum!
    My X-Maxx is on the way to me, and I can't wait for it to arrive.
    Lots of help here - excellent place to be!

smp
    Stephen

Traxxas XMaxx 8S (orange)

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by icumpd View Post
    I just ordered my XMaxx on Thursday can't wait till it gets here
    Quote Originally Posted by spereira View Post
    Welcome here to the Forum!
    My X-Maxx is on the way to me, and I can't wait for it to arrive.
    Lots of help here - excellent place to be!

smp
    Hope you get your monster soon.

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks guys!! I canít wait to take it out! I need to find a park or something to take it to today. What color did all you guys get? It was a hard decision for me between the green and the blue rock and roll edition but finally settled on the green.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Thanks guys!! I canít wait to take it out! I need to find a park or something to take it to today. What color did all you guys get? It was a hard decision for me between the green and the blue rock and roll edition but finally settled on the green.

Youíre about to realize how much room youíll need to really enjoy the truck. The X-Maxx always puts a smile on my face. I have lots of bodies for mine. Proline makes a very study Brute body for bashing. It only comes in white.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    Youíre about to realize how much room youíll need to really enjoy the truck. The X-Maxx always puts a smile on my face. I have lots of bodies for mine. Proline makes a very study Brute body for bashing. It only comes in white.

I can imagine, the thing it huge. Iíve never driven one so Iím pretty excited. I donít want to destroy it after dropping 1000 on the thing so maybe taking it to a park with a huge field would be good to start.

Iíll have to check that out. Thatís white body looks pretty good with the green on your trucks. What lower control arms are you running on yours? I like green ones. Is that a part that needs upgrading?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I can imagine, the thing it huge. Iíve never driven one so Iím pretty excited. I donít want to destroy it after dropping 1000 on the thing so maybe taking it to a park with a huge field would be good to start.

Iíll have to check that out. Thatís white body looks pretty good with the green on your trucks. What lower control arms are you running on yours? I like green ones. Is that a part that needs upgrading?

Traxxas HD lower. HR aluminum uppers.

The traxxas hd a arms come in multiple colors. I would only replace once you have broken them.

RC Enthusiast

New member here!! Soooo stoked about my new truck!!

Iíll definitely order those up to have on hand. Iíll have to order some hubs and a stronger servo to incase mine breaks.

RC Enthusiast
    Just got back from talking the truck out for itís first roost and OMG what a cool experience with such a big truck! The thing just wheelies on command!!

Just got back from talking the truck out for itís first roost and OMG what a cool experience with such a big truck! The thing just wheelies on command!!

Try some 500k wt diff oil really brings out the power.

RC Enthusiast
    Iím sure some thinner fluid would. Haha does that trash the diffs though? Is there any way to get even more power out of this thing? Im pretty happy with it for now but knowing me Iíll want more eventually. Haha.

Iím sure some thinner fluid would. Haha does that trash the diffs though? Is there any way to get even more power out of this thing? Im pretty happy with it for now but knowing me Iíll want more eventually. Haha.

Stock is 10k or 30k in diffs I forget. Center is 20mil. You get less diff ing out going to stiffer. It's really all on your drive style. But works well for me bashing. On grass I can really power slide and turn sharper.

I think drive style will be harder on drive train than what wt fluid is in diffs.

To make it more peppy people go to a ~800kv motor and different esc.

Battery c ratings over 100c helps give more pep as well.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidic01 View Post
    Stock is 10k or 30k in diffs I forget. Center is 20mil. You get less diff ing out going to stiffer. It's really all on your drive style. But works well for me bashing. On grass I can really power slide and turn sharper.

I think drive style will be harder on drive train than what wt fluid is in diffs.

To make it more peppy people go to a ~800kv motor and different esc.

Battery c ratings over 100c helps give more pep as well.

I appreciate all your help and feedback. Iíll definitely have to look into some of that as time goes on. Iím sure Iíll end up building the truck up quite a bit over this spring and summer. I want to get some paddles and take it to the sand dunes. That looks pretty fun.

I appreciate all your help and feedback. Iíll definitely have to look into some of that as time goes on. Iím sure Iíll end up building the truck up quite a bit over this spring and summer. I want to get some paddles and take it to the sand dunes. That looks pretty fun.

If it's wet sand stock tires will work ok. Badlands do well. When I go to the beach.

To me having a set of paddles if hit sand once a year not worth it... But each their own.. I normally run wet sand. Have a set of paddles for rustler and nitro slayer.

Helps in dry soft sand.

Don't forget a shovel for making jumps...

RC Competitor
    Congrats. Ur gonna make me pull the trigger. Rocknroll i need!

RC Competitor
    Do it!!! Xmaxx is the ultimate beast!!

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by mag1 View Post
    Congrats. Ur gonna make me pull the trigger. Rocknroll i need!
    Just do it! Itís worth it. I was super hesitant. I even sat in the hobby shop for a few hours debating if I should drop the cash or not. Finally did it and Iím in love with this thing!! Thereís something extra exciting about driving a truck this big. The rock and roll is awesome. That was going to be my second pic. I was stuck between the green one and the blue rock and roll.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidic01 View Post
    If it's wet sand stock tires will work ok. Badlands do well. When I go to the beach.

To me having a set of paddles if hit sand once a year not worth it... But each their own.. I normally run wet sand. Have a set of paddles for rustler and nitro slayer.

Helps in dry soft sand.

Don't forget a shovel for making jumps...

Iíll keep all that in mind. I probably wonít be in the sand to much. Just the occasional trip out to Moab or the Sand dunes. Iíll definitely be doing a lot of jumps!

RC Competitor
    Gonna bit the shop today to get new gears for my slash. If they have a xmaxx ill get it.
    Thanks for posting

RC Racer
    Currently in the process of modding mine before taking it out for the first time.

I got the Rock 'n' Roll version. Second choice was orange.

I'm running the Proline Brute body on it, so it was more about the shock colour than anything, but the Rock 'n' Roll was my favourite body colour also.

Enjoy!

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by RJUK View Post
    Currently in the process of modding mine before taking it out for the first time.

I got the Rock 'n' Roll version. Second choice was orange.

I'm running the Proline Brute body on it, so it was more about the shock colour than anything, but the Rock 'n' Roll was my favourite body colour also.

Enjoy!

Thatís awesome! Congrats, the rock and roll is a cool one. What are you modding on yours before you take it out?

RC Racer
    Well despite getting the Brute body, I still did the drywall tape and shoe goo mod, and it's just finished drying. I'm then going to spray a few coats of plasti-dip over it to strengthen it more and weatherproof it a bit.

I've also fitted RPM bumper brackets front and rear, I have Proline rear hubs to go on, and a new servo on the way, as well as Proline Pro Arms.

Even considering a new ESC to give the new servo more juice. I've fallen right down the rabbit hole!

Oh and I sealed the holes in the rims with hot glue yesterday to stop water getting in,.and also hit glued into the steering post to strengthen that, too, after seeing Kevin Talbot reccomend it.

In reality, my Xmaxx won't see even a fraction of the abuse that his gets though.

RC Enthusiast
    Well despite getting the Brute body, I still did the drywall tape and shoe goo mod, and it's just finished drying. I'm then going to spray a few coats of plasti-dip over it to strengthen it more and weatherproof it a bit.

I've also fitted RPM bumper brackets front and rear, I have Proline rear hubs to go on, and a new servo on the way, as well as Proline Pro Arms.

Even considering a new ESC to give the new servo more juice. I've fallen right down the rabbit hole!

Oh and I sealed the holes in the rims with hot glue yesterday to stop water getting in,.and also hit glued into the steering post to strengthen that, too, after seeing Kevin Talbot reccomend it.

In reality, my Xmaxx won't see even a fraction of the abuse that his gets though.

Oh wow thatís quite the list. Some of that Iíve heard of some of it I havenít. Thatís interesting about the rims and water getting in. I may need to seal mine off. Iím also thinking about ordering the RPM hubs and a stronger steering servo. Once my ESC and motor go Iím sure Iíll upgrade to something even more powerful then the stock setup.

RC Racer
    Yeah, I'm also waiting for the RPM front hubs to come in stock here in the UK. They're newly released, so not available here until the end of the month.

I doubt I'll do the ESC now, as it sounds like I may lose the Bluetooth telemetry if I do. I may just install a BEC for the servo instead.

Hello everyone! Just joined the forum! Iím just getting back into RC after almost 10 years out of the hobby!! Ever since I saw the Xmaxx i was in love! 😍 Finally decided to pull the trigger and get one! Super excited to be apart of the online community and learn about this truck. I obviously have a lot of learning to do about it. What are some of your recommendations with the truck? I plan on upgrading stuff as I go but is there anything I should check on the truck or parts I should upgrade before I take it out? I heard rumors of different stuff just wanted to hear first hand from all of you!! Thanks everyone! Iíll try and post some pictures later of the truck!
    If you want upgraded plastic parts for it go look at rpms plastic upgrades. I have a mini e revo and there parts are very durable

Oh wow thatís quite the list. Some of that Iíve heard of some of it I havenít. Thatís interesting about the rims and water getting in. I may need to seal mine off. Iím also thinking about ordering the RPM hubs and a stronger steering servo. Once my ESC and motor go Iím sure Iíll upgrade to something even more powerful then the stock setup.

Seal the rim holes. And if already ran in water then probably ideal to poke 2 to 4 holes to vent in outside of tires so the water can get out.

It's the first thing I do with my tires

May want to look at 500lb kevlar string wrapping tires. Keeps them from ballooning which over time rips the tires apart. You loose ability to backflip but Imho that just give unneeded wear on the car.

Any rpm parts are worth it except the a arms. I've broken 4 now. 3 at the shock pin perhaps it's my 1.5rate springs and stiffer oil causing the issue.... at least I get warrenty replacements. But trx hd arms is probably more ideal once breaking a arms. I went through 5 stock trx arms....

Note I have never broken any other a arm on other cars or rpm parts. So not sure why I break the xmaxx rpm a arms or it's just the big air ?

RC Champion
    For A-Amrs replace, I prefer the Traxxas HD ones, more stronger than others in the market, and comes in a various colours, so you can personalize your rig.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Juanmacine View Post
    For A-Amrs replace, I prefer the Traxxas HD ones, more stronger than others in the market, and comes in a various colours, so you can personalize your rig.
    Are they stronger than the Proline Pro arms?

I've ordered the Proline ones, but they've not arrived, so maybe I could swap my order.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

I've ordered the Proline ones, but they've not arrived, so maybe I could swap my order.

IMO Iíd send the Prolines back.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    IMO Iíd send the Prolines back.

Why's that? I've been unable to find any reviews of them, either positive or negative.

RC Champion

The Traxxas A-Arms probably be the stronger ones in the market, IMHO.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Juanmacine View Post
    The Traxxas A-Arms probably be the stronger ones in the market, IMHO.
    Even better then rpm?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevy1991 View Post
    Even better then rpm?

Yes, on the RPM ones, the hinge pins come out, you need to buy their screwed hinge pins, furthermore, they deform and twist too much.

RC Racer
    I have RPM arms on the back of my X-Maxx now for best part of 6 months and I have give the truck . Bad landings, massive jumps and no cracks. The middle inserts do lift a bit and will catch water if washing the truck but other than that, I’ve been happy with them.

In the future, I will prob go with the Traxxas HD arms as they won’t fill with water

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Double G; 01-04-2021 at 07:56 PM. Reason: language
    To the Moon 🌙

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast