Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJUK View Post
    Why's that? I've been unable to find any reviews of them, either positive or negative.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Not as strong as the traxxas HDís and I think theyíre ugly. Not that that matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevy1991 View Post
    Even better then rpm?

The RPM ones suck. Don't waste your money man . I bought them and used them and immediately pins started popping out. They are too soft.

RC Competitor
    Good to know I do like the looks of the hd arms

RC Enthusiast
    Thatís all some useful info guys! Keep it coming!! So Iíve only taken my truck out once now and I thought I was pretty easy on it. It only rolled one time. I was out in a soccer field and really just doing pulls with it. Didnít even jump it yet. Well I went to look over my truck today and it appears i sheered off a piece of metal from my hub bearing. Thatís what it looks like to me! Maybe like the the barring casing. Iíll send a picture.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by TundraLu View Post
    The RPM ones suck. Don't waste your money man . I bought them and used them and immediately pins started popping out. They are too soft.
    RPM is pretty specific when they say youíll need theyíre threaded hinge pin setup to go along with there setup. But I agree with your assessment

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Xsandslayer View Post
    That’s all some useful info guys! Keep it coming!! So I’ve only taken my truck out once now and I thought I was pretty easy on it. It only rolled one time. I was out in a soccer field and really just doing pulls with it. Didn’t even jump it yet. Well I went to look over my truck today and it appears i sheered off a piece of metal from my hub bearing. That’s what it looks like to me! Maybe like the the barring casing. I’ll send a picture.

The stock hub bearings in the X-Maxx are not very good, you need to go to a better ones, in the forum are discussions about good brands of it. Of course, you can go for a RPM front and rear hubs with an oversized bearings, better option overall.

First thing I did with my xmaxx was put T. rex tape all on the inside of the body do give it a bit more strength and make it more rigid. I also installed a roof skid plate on the top of my body. My rear bearings were squeaking after their first heavy bash so I popped the seals off and put red n tacky grease in each bearing and popped the seal back on. I will probably do that for all the bearings. I just installed a hot racing 50t spur and a tekno 18t pinion is on the way in. Enjoy the rig!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by hallamnet View Post
    I have RPM arms on the back of my X-Maxx now for best part of 6 months and I have give the truck . Bad landings, massive jumps and no cracks. The middle inserts do lift a bit and will catch water if washing the truck but other than that, Iíve been happy with them.

In the future, I will prob go with the Traxxas HD arms as they wonít fill with water

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You mean the Proline ones, yes? They look like the Proline Pro Arms to me...

I figured they would stay cleaner and catch less debris than the Traxxas HD arms, but you're saying that's not the case? Are they heavier than the Traxxas arms with those plates and their associated screws?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    Not as strong as the traxxas HDís and I think theyíre ugly. Not that that matters.

Based on what? Have you tested them vs the Traxxas arms, or seen somebody who has tested them to breaking point, or are you just assuming they're somehow less strong just because they're not Traxxas?

I actually like the look, and the fact that they are flat top and bottom, so less likely to collect bits of twig/grass/leaves.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

New member here!! Soooo stoked about my new truck!!

Based on what? Have you tested them vs the Traxxas arms, or seen somebody who has tested them to breaking point, or are you just assuming they're somehow less strong just because they're not Traxxas?

I actually like the look, and the fact that they are flat top and bottom, so less likely to collect bits of twig/grass/leaves.

Iím glad you like the look, Iím no Traxxas fan boy, and donít like the implication. Theyíre stronger because they are. Pick each up(I have). Try and twist an HD arm, then do the same to an RPM arm. Youíll see what I mean. The next comment is well theyíre supposed to. My answer to that is I donít like the control or handling that provides. Iíll replace mine if I manage to break them. RPM is and always has made parts to flex and not break. This is the case with their arms. Evidence is everywhere on the web, this forum included. Maybe I should have said less still, or more sloppy.

Last edited by Gripdog7205; 01-05-2021 at 07:22 AM.

RC Racer
    Iím glad you like the look, Iím no Traxxas fan boy, and donít like the implication. Theyíre stronger because they are. Pick each up(I have). Try and twist an HD arm, then do the same to an RPM arm. Youíll see what I mean. The next comment is well theyíre supposed to. My answer to that is I donít like the control or handling that provides. Iíll replace mine if I manage to break them. RPM is and always has made parts to flex and not break. This is the case with their arms. Evidence is everywhere on the web, this forum included. Maybe I should have said less still, or more sloppy.

You're getting RPM arms confused with the Proline Pro arms that I'm talking about.

I've looked on the internet and there's very little said about the Proline arms, hence my wondering how you knew for a fact that they're less strong than the Traxxas HD ones. Sounds like actually you've only handled the RPM ones after all.

I would agree that the RPM arms aren't worth bothering with. Many say they're too soft and that causes the hinge pins to fall out. RPM released threaded hinge pins, but seemingly only to fix a problem that their own arms created.

The ProLine ones, however, I don't believe have this issue. Also Proline say they're made from a Dupont nylon material and they are nearly unbreakable.

Whether they're better than Traxxas' own HD arms, I don't know. That's what I'm trying to figure out. Traxxas' ones are supposedly made from their own proprietary material, but if Traxxas quality was any good, we wouldn't be changing arms/hubs/servos/etc in the first place.

As many have said, the HD arms ought to be standard really, especially on such a pricey rig.

I still have no idea whether to go for the Proline Pro arms or the Traxxas HD though.

I suspect the Prolines will be heavier because of the screws and somebody above mentioned that they can collect water, so I've asked if it's possible to change my order to the Traxxas and see what they say. I don't think I'd be disappointed with the Prolines though, but would maybe drill a hole in the bottom to let any water out if I found they did collect water.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    You're getting RPM arms confused with the Proline Pro arms that I'm talking about.

I've looked on the internet and there's very little said about the Proline arms, hence my wondering how you knew for a fact that they're less strong than the Traxxas HD ones. Sounds like actually you've only handled the RPM ones after all.

I would agree that the RPM arms aren't worth bothering with. Many say they're too soft and that causes the hinge pins to fall out. RPM released threaded hinge pins, but seemingly only to fix a problem that their own arms created.

The ProLine ones, however, I don't believe have this issue. Also Proline say they're made from a Dupont nylon material and they are nearly unbreakable.

Whether they're better than Traxxas' own HD arms, I don't know. That's what I'm trying to figure out. Traxxas' ones are supposedly made from their own proprietary material, but if Traxxas quality was any good, we wouldn't be changing arms/hubs/servos/etc in the first place.

As many have said, the HD arms ought to be standard really, especially on such a pricey rig.

I still have no idea whether to go for the Proline Pro arms or the Traxxas HD though.

I suspect the Prolines will be heavier because of the screws and somebody above mentioned that they can collect water, so I've asked if it's possible to change my order to the Traxxas and see what they say. I don't think I'd be disappointed with the Prolines though, but would maybe drill a hole in the bottom to let any water out if I found they did collect water.

You must be right. Iíve only heard the proline arms had breakage issues in the early stages. I believe they then revamped them. I have never seen them in person. I do like the fact you can dye the inlays if you choose. I would like to say I have plenty of RPM products, but donít use the arms on my X-Maxx for the reasons I stated above.

RC Racer
    You must be right. Iíve only heard the proline arms had breakage issues in the early stages. I believe they then revamped them. I have never seen them in person. I do like the fact you can dye the inlays if you choose. I would like to say I have plenty of RPM products, but donít use the arms on my X-Maxx for the reasons I stated above.

Yeah, I'm not sure I'll dye them, but if I ever get the Proline Beadlock wheels then it would match nicely.

I also found a thread earlier about the early breakages, but it sounds like that was a casting issue on the very first batch and has since been sorted.

Unfortunately there's no comparisons or even really reviews online if the Proline arms. Would be good if one of the YouTubers bought all three sets and showed the weight differences and torture tested them to see which was strongest.

RC Racer
    You mean the Proline ones, yes? They look like the Proline Pro Arms to me...

I figured they would stay cleaner and catch less debris than the Traxxas HD arms, but you're saying that's not the case? Are they heavier than the Traxxas arms with those plates and their associated screws?

Thatís right, pro line arms on the back. If your driving in a wet and muddy, environment, the top of them gets mud just sitting on the top and when washing, water gets trapped inside. Also, the screws rust very easily and would be better with A2 stainless steel screws.

My truck gets taken to the moon and driven over wet and muddy bmx tracks and fields. Did not have time to clean my X-Maxx from the last outing but this is the current state of the rear arms below.

After a while, the plates on top warp and do not sit flush but still, after 4-5 months of serious bashing, bad landings and general harsh driving, they are still lasting unlike the standard Traxxas arms.

Iím just saying how it is for me and might be different for others depending how they land jumps with it being a good landing or botched. From 1 meter high or 10.

Everyone has a favourite brand and one that works for some but no others. Iím happy with the performance of the ProLine arms and will try another brand after to see how they fair up once these break. But IMO, these do take a bashing!

To the Moon 🌙

RC Racer
    Thanks for the pics. Top plates don't look warped to me?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by hallamnet View Post
    Thatís right, pro line arms on the back. If your driving in a wet and muddy, environment, the top of them gets mud just sitting on the top and when washing, water gets trapped inside. Also, the screws rust very easily and would be better with A2 stainless steel screws.

My truck gets taken to the moon and driven over wet and muddy bmx tracks and fields. Did not have time to clean my X-Maxx from the last outing but this is the current state of the rear arms below.

After a while, the plates on top warp and do not sit flush but still, after 4-5 months of serious bashing, bad landings and general harsh driving, they are still lasting unlike the standard Traxxas arms.

Iím just saying how it is for me and might be different for others depending how they land jumps with it being a good landing or botched. From 1 meter high or 10.

Everyone has a favourite brand and one that works for some but no others. Iím happy with the performance of the ProLine arms and will try another brand after to see how they fair up once these break. But IMO, these do take a bashing!

Looks like youíre having fun. Thanks for the feedback.

Late to the party, but congrats on your purchase and welcome to the Traxxas forums!

BTW, love that Tarmac SL4 Pro... I almost got one back when they were new and I was in better shape!

Have fun!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes! This truck is a blast puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. Seems like it just wheelies on command even at full speed sometimes. Itís crazy. However I keep blowing up bearings. Iím a little confused I guess. I know the rpm hubs and bearings are the fix for the rear and I ordered some but how about the fronts? Do I get the oversized hubs for the front too?. I see rpm has them but Iíve heard some people say there no good. I just blew a front bearing now too so I need a fix for the front as well now. Whatís my best option so I donít have to keep messing with them?

Thanks all!!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes! This truck is a blast puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. Seems like it just wheelies on command even at full speed sometimes. Itís crazy. However I keep blowing up bearings. Iím a little confused I guess. I know the rpm hubs and bearings are the fix for the rear and I ordered some but how about the fronts? Do I get the oversized hubs for the front too?. I see rpm has them but Iíve heard some people say there no good. I just blew a front bearing now too so I need a fix for the front as well now. Whatís my best option so I donít have to keep messing with them?

Thanks all!!

I have yet had a front bearings seal pop off and never a issue with rears after the rpm hubs.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidic01 View Post
    I have yet had a front bearings seal pop off and never a issue with rears after the rpm hubs.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Somehow one of my front seals popped off already after only 2 runs in the grass. I was going to order up the front RPM hubs just wanted to hear if anyone was running them and how they liked them.

RC Qualifier
    Somehow one of my front seals popped off already after only 2 runs in the grass. I was going to order up the front RPM hubs just wanted to hear if anyone was running them and how they liked them.

I just got them myself and so far so good. I did have to file down the contact points on the hub to make it fit well. When it came in, it was so snug it had trouble moving the wheels.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by halygon View Post
    I just got them myself and so far so good. I did have to file down the contact points on the hub to make it fit well. When it came in, it was so snug it had trouble moving the wheels.
    Thatís good to know there working well for you. I think Iím going to order the fronts now just so I donít have to deal with blowing through bearings. What do they rub on? I can file them down that no big deal just wondering what there binding up on?

RC Racer
    Did you have to file down the RPM part or the Traxxas part?

RPM seem to have a lot of issues with their stuff I'm noticing.

RC Enthusiast
    Did you have to file down the RPM part or the Traxxas part?

RPM seem to have a lot of issues with their stuff I'm noticing.

I got all the parts in but havenít installed anything yet. Itís been a busy few weeks at work. Iíll report back once I get them on though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12