Thread: My First Boat?

RC Enthusiast

My First Boat?

Hi Everyone!

I've had a Slash 4x4 for several years, and was thinking it'd be fun to get an RC boat for playing around with in our pool with my son. Our pool is not very big - maybe 40 feet long by 12 feet wide. What would you recommend?

Also, what type of batteries do boats run on? I'm hoping there are some that run on the same batteries as my Slash (2 cell and up LiPo batteries) since I already have batteries/a chatrger.

Thanks!

Traxxas sells 3 boats Blast, Spartan, and the M41. The spartan in $170. The Spartan is $430. The M41 is $480. I don't own any of them but the blast is tiny and not that fast so great for a pool the other ones are pretty fats from what I've seen on YouTube. The Blast from what I know cant use lipos.

Hope this helps!

Traxxas Marshal
    Yeah, anything other than the Blast will be far too big and too fast for a pool. Even then, I don't know how much fun a boat that size (it's not that big, but still) would be in such a small space.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Jay_Dee63 View Post
    Hi Everyone!

I've had a Slash 4x4 for several years, and was thinking it'd be fun to get an RC boat for playing around with in our pool with my son. Our pool is not very big - maybe 40 feet long by 12 feet wide. What would you recommend?

Also, what type of batteries do boats run on? I'm hoping there are some that run on the same batteries as my Slash (2 cell and up LiPo batteries) since I already have batteries/a chatrger.

Thanks!
    I used to own the Blast and it was pretty fun. It pretty easily gets up on plane and cruises, I'd say the top speed is around 15-20mph but you can look up youtube videos and see for yourself. I would say the coolest part of it is that for turning it actually pivots the entire "surface drive" instead of just moving a rudder.

Obviously if you don't like it's speed then you can always drop in a brushless system.
    The present is theirs; the future, is mine.

RC poster
    Oh it's a big boat even the spartian is big for a small pool. honestly you need an olympic size pool to run them in. I run mine in the river / lake.

RC poster
    Traxxas does make a boat Called the Villian

Lostsheep26 they don't sell that anymore that's vintage. thats from like 10-20 years ago
    When You Feel Down Send It To The MOON!!

RC Enthusiast
    Way too fast for a 40x12ft pool even using 2S batteries. Some companies make those tiny brushed/brushless rc boats for a decent price that may be a little better, but those are pretty fast too (20-30mph).
    Traxxas Villain EX Boat - Mild Upgrades.