RC poster

TRX4 model differences?

I want to order one. Why is the blazer $519 and the defender $469?

What are the differences? And what is the difference between the sport and the ones mentioned above? Iím kinda confused.

The Blazer and Defender have the same drive train with a 2-speed transmission and locking diffs. The Blazer has functioning LEDs and the Defender does not. The Defender is half and inch longer, and is a lot heavier.

The sport does not have the 2-speed transmission or locking diffs, and comes with just a 2-channel radio.

The best way to see what is what is to check them out in the Model Showroom...

https://traxxas.com/products/showroo...d_type%3A62172
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

^Greatscott brought up very good points. There are no functional differences between the Blazer and Defender, and I think the reason the Blazer is more expensive is that it is released later than the Defender.
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

RC Racer
    If you like building things, you should take a look at the Chassis Kit (Traxxas 82016-4) https://traxxas.com/products/models/electric/trx-4-kit

You can have a body of your liking that matches the wheelbase then (312mm)

RC poster
    In all honesty...what is the better purchase? I’m no pro! I’ll probably just upgrade what breaks with better parts, if I were to buy a, let’s say bronco to save some money and wanted to upgrade the body later to a defender. Would it work like that?

Basically I want the features of the defender but be able to use any body I wish. (Changing bodies and wheels will probably be the ongoing upgrades)

RC Racer
    Well there are parts to do whatever you wish basically.

For example I got the Chassis kit, because I didn't want any of the bodies the TRX-4 came with. The Kit comes with all the electronics of the Defender Version. Locked Diffs, 2-way transmission, but 312mm Wheelbase. If you want to mount a longer wheelbase body, like the Defender you will need a Traxxas kit called ''Short to long wheelbase conversion kit'' to make it 324mm.

If what you are looking for is an out of the box experience, then I suggest you choose one of the 312mm wheelbase bodies, like the Bronco or Blazer, because then you have a large variety of obdies to choose from (312mm wheelbase)

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by xagoras View Post
    Well there are parts to do whatever you wish basically.

For example I got the Chassis kit, because I didn't want any of the bodies the TRX-4 came with. The Kit comes with all the electronics of the Defender Version. Locked Diffs, 2-way transmission, but 312mm Wheelbase. If you want to mount a longer wheelbase body, like the Defender you will need a Traxxas kit called ''Short to long wheelbase conversion kit'' to make it 324mm.

If what you are looking for is an out of the box experience, then I suggest you choose one of the 312mm wheelbase bodies, like the Bronco or Blazer, because then you have a large variety of obdies to choose from (312mm wheelbase)
    Thank you very much. Makes perfect sense.

RC Champion
    The Defender is the top selling model in TRX4.

RC poster
    The Defender performs 1/2 class worse than the Defender,
    because he is top heavy and the bumpers hang low.

But both are great trucks.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by BigP View Post
    The Defender performs 1/2 class worse than the Defender,
    because he is top heavy and the bumpers hang low.

But both are great trucks.
    Eh?!

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

All of the TRX4s (other than the sport) are the same chassis and have the same components. (other than some wheelbase differences but that can be easily changed. Some of them have light some do not.

The Defender body is really top heavied, which makes it a little worse than some of the other bodies.

It's mainly just personal preference between the different body choices.
    Jumping: maneuver and pray it won't break.

RC Racer
    So converting my Bronco chassis to a defender body I would have to get new shock mounts and the extended wheelbase kit. Love the Defender and found a good used one for $100 but not sure of I want to pull the trigger. I'm sure I'll need another $30 in parts to make it fit correctly.

RC poster
    I bought the g500 as it was the cheapest of the options. Has all the options of the blazer, bronco and defender ( minus beadlocks) but was the least expensive.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk