2.0 Body Posts Vs Proline Extended Body Mounting system

Greetings hope everyone's well.
    All advice welcome, Thanks yall.
    Looking at bodies, Gonna get myself one soon. I bought Traxxas body mounting system (5314) today at the hobby shop. Includes the 2.0 body mounts front and rear (not the posts for 2.0) and the revo 1 body posts (picture included).
    The question is is the proline extended body mount system just a way to grab your money or are they different ( a necessity) to use proline bodies. Assuming you can use these the original revo 1 body posts that I bought today for any proline body thats made for the specifically for the revo 1 or revo 2.

I did some research on this before coming here to ask. My impression could just be a money grab from proline or it may actually be needed to make it taller maybe clearance issues with the chassis or something else.
    One more reason I forgot to note don't really want the system if not needed I see mixed reviews about it which seems like a horrible weak system.

VROOOMMMM

More pics of 5314

VROOOMMMM

just saying, another option is go for 2.0 body with the new clipless system, and the new rollcage reinforced body. i did this and i have forgotten body damages. the strength is unreal, no comparison to 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by Rico116 View Post
    The question is is the proline extended body mount system just a way to grab your money or are they different
    I don't think they are a money grab if going with a V1 body. You need to look closer as they get rid of the body clips and go with a thumbscrew cap. I have them on my nitro revo. I like them. They are much less likely to lose than a tiny body clip.

Proline body mounts:

Side note: These body posts don't work with the Erevo 2.0 body mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzion View Post
    just saying, another option is go for 2.0 body with the new clipless system, and the new rollcage reinforced body. i did this and i have forgotten body damages. the strength is unreal, no comparison to 1.0
    Thanks for the answer. I like the 2.0 but wanna try something new.

VROOOMMMM

Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    I don't think they are a money grab if going with a V1 body. You need to look closer as they get rid of the body clips and go with a thumbscrew cap. I have them on my nitro revo. I like them. They are much less likely to lose than a tiny body clip.

Proline body mounts:

Side note: These body posts don't work with the Erevo 2.0 body mounts.
    Thanks for the answer. I'm all for the thumb caps those are awesome. But are they needed for a V1 body. Or do they provide any real advantage over the V1 body posts. When saying any real advantage I mean like proline has adjustableness to it and thumbcaps. and as I see the v1 body posts don't have adjustableness. But do you need adjustableness?

Also what do you mean proline body posts don't work with the 2.0 body posts . Is everything included if you buy 6307-00 or you need to buy body mounts separately ?

I said money grab because it doesn't look to be any different from the V1 body posts vs proline posts. I just need to clear this up before I go with it or buy proline instead.

VROOOMMMM

I'm not sure what your trying to do? Are you trying to use a V1 body or are you trying to use the Erevo 2.0 clip-less body?
    Both body versions mount differently. Body posts like the picture I showed whether Traxxas or Proline don't work with the Erevo 2.0 clip-less mounting style.

The Traxxas body posts have a small amount of adjustability to them. They can be raised or lowered by the length of the post shaft. Each of the holes in the shaft is how ever much it can be raised or lowered. The Proline ones are longer giving you the option to run a taller body if wanted. (An example would be like the van body like the monster truck Gravedigger.) For shorter bodies you would just cut off the excess length of the post shaft.

Depending on whatever body you choose the body post heights are different. There is no set height where they are all the same. Each is unique.

The main thing is having the thumb screws as opposed to using the clips. I find them easier than trying to put a clip through a hole. With the caps it's like putting on a wing nut. A couple of turns and they are on.
    Last edited by grizzly03; 01-11-2021 at 01:23 PM. Reason: different bodies = different post heights

I'm not sure what your trying to do? Are you trying to use a V1 body or are you trying to use the Erevo 2.0 clip-less body?
    Both body versions mount differently. Body posts like the picture I showed whether Traxxas or Proline don't work with the Erevo 2.0 clip-less mounting style.

The Traxxas body posts have a small amount of adjustability to them. They can be raised or lowered by the length of the post shaft. Each of the holes in the shaft is how ever much it can be raised or lowered. The Proline ones are longer giving you the option to run a taller body if wanted. (An example would be like the van body like the monster truck Gravedigger.) For shorter bodies you would just cut off the excess length of the post shaft.

Depending on whatever body you choose the body post heights are different. There is no set height where they are all the same. Each is unique.

The main thing is having the thumb screws as opposed to using the clips. I find them easier than trying to put a clip through a hole. With the caps it's like putting on a wing nut. A couple of turns and they are on.
    Dang you cleared it right up for me. Im trying to use any proline body either for E revo 1 or E revo 2 that proline would make For now I'm ditching clipless body I want to try something new. And they make some pretty nice bodies for the revo V1. I'll post an example soon, but I understand now

VROOOMMMM

For example the first 2 pics are the green body first pic it says fits those models not 2.0 vs the third pic the ram body fits 2.0 only.

But when looking at the green body the description on the second picture. It's say fits 2.0 with extended body mount kit. Says required. This had me confused like it would create clearance issues which I understand now it might with certain bodies but really you could use 5314 ( v1 posts on v2 mounts) Proline system is just for making the body higher if needed. That's the main part that was confusing me which you cleared up.
    Now the Brute bash armor body third pic uses clipless style but your limited to just that. Which now that I understand may actually go with proline now that I see proline system is pretty dang cool and looks alot better than clips coming out. and its easier.

VROOOMMMM

There is another option if someone wanted to stay with Traxxas body posts instead of the Proline ones.

Here are the body posts for the Traxxas Summit:

A little more info:
    The reason Proline says that their body posts are required is for two different reasons.
    1. They are going to promote their product over another manufacturer's.
    2. The Erevo 2.0 doesn't have clip style body posts so they would need to be purchased to install a clip style body.

Also with using clip style body posts your not limited to Erevo specific bodies. You could mount most bodies that are similar in size without to much hassle.
    I'm not sure if you know, but most aftermarket bodies don't have the holes drilled for the body posts. This way you can put them where you want for the desired body location you want. Also the wheel wells and body need to be trimmed up (cut out).

Dude! I really like that Ram body!!!

There is another option if someone wanted to stay with Traxxas body posts instead of the Proline ones.

Here are the body posts for the Traxxas Summit:

A little more info:
    The reason Proline says that their body posts are required is for two different reasons.
    1. They are going to promote their product over another manufacturer's.
    2. The Erevo 2.0 doesn't have clip style body posts so they would need to be purchased to install a clip style body.

Also with using clip style body posts your not limited to Erevo specific bodies. You could mount most bodies that are similar in size without to much hassle.
    I'm not sure if you know, but most aftermarket bodies don't have the holes drilled for the body posts. This way you can put them where you want for the desired body location you want. Also the wheel wells and body need to be trimmed up (cut out).
    Thanks all great info. using different body posts like summit posts is all new to me.

VROOOMMMM

RC Racer
    For example the first 2 pics are the green body first pic it says fits those models not 2.0 vs the third pic the ram body fits 2.0 only.

But when looking at the green body the description on the second picture. It's say fits 2.0 with extended body mount kit. Says required. This had me confused like it would create clearance issues which I understand now it might with certain bodies but really you could use 5314 ( v1 posts on v2 mounts) Proline system is just for making the body higher if needed. That's the main part that was confusing me which you cleared up.
    Now the Brute bash armor body third pic uses clipless style but your limited to just that. Which now that I understand may actually go with proline now that I see proline system is pretty dang cool and looks alot better than clips coming out. and its easier.

VROOOMMMM

I spent a lot of time to make the Ram body work. I dislike the stock erevo body and wanted a truck body....

Maybe this will help.

Either body post (traxxas or proline) will work. While the proline kit is great it goes on much easier. The nuts break off while bashing. I lost two of them in 10 minutes of bashing, they didnt unscrew, they sheered off when I rolled it on pavement. While I hate the body clips it is more functional. So it works, now comes the problem.....

The Traxxas clipless body system is impossible to beat. The internal cage protects it and provides strength the clipless system holds it on far better than and clip system. When I went with the Pro-Line Ram body it immediately became the weak point on my RC. I flipped my erevo with the Ram body on it and it bent the connectors from my ESC to my motor. I ended up having to solder on new connectors. I was also messing with the Ram body every two minutes of driving. I used the shoe-goo/ dry wall tape method to try and strengthen it. It used washers around thew clips. I bought skid plates and mounted them on the body. I even tried to alter the clipless system to retro fit it to the proline body.

None of it really helped. I ended up going back to the stock body using the clipless system. At this point the only aftermarket body that takes advantage of the clipless system is the Proline brute body.

In the end when bashing the clipless system can't be beat. After I'm done driving and my RC it is siting on a shelf, I put the Dodge body on it for eye candy.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by emaxx21 View Post
    I spent a lot of time to make the Ram body work. I dislike the stock erevo body and wanted a truck body....

Maybe this will help.

Either body post (traxxas or proline) will work. While the proline kit is great it goes on much easier. The nuts break off while bashing. I lost two of them in 10 minutes of bashing, they didnt unscrew, they sheered off when I rolled it on pavement. While I hate the body clips it is more functional. So it works, now comes the problem.....

The Traxxas clipless body system is impossible to beat. The internal cage protects it and provides strength the clipless system holds it on far better than and clip system. When I went with the Pro-Line Ram body it immediately became the weak point on my RC. I flipped my erevo with the Ram body on it and it bent the connectors from my ESC to my motor. I ended up having to solder on new connectors. I was also messing with the Ram body every two minutes of driving. I used the shoe-goo/ dry wall tape method to try and strengthen it. It used washers around thew clips. I bought skid plates and mounted them on the body. I even tried to alter the clipless system to retro fit it to the proline body.

None of it really helped. I ended up going back to the stock body using the clipless system. At this point the only aftermarket body that takes advantage of the clipless system is the Proline brute body.

In the end when bashing the clipless system can't be beat. After I'm done driving and my RC it is siting on a shelf, I put the Dodge body on it for eye candy.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks for the input. This is all valuable information to me. 6s power really could take a toll on different parts of a RC, but to me the caps shearing off is ridiculous on prolines end. I be frustrated with the results of that if it happens to me. What you left was a honest review and I needed it. I love hearing the goods and the horribles about a product to see what I'm dealing with. And at the end of the day personally for me functionality over looks ,because fancy looks will leave you with broken things sometimes. Yet still undecided about what is going to be my choice on this body mount system, but your review was very helpful to me.

VROOOMMMM

RC Racer
    Thanks for the input. This is all valuable information to me. 6s power really could take a toll on different parts of a RC, but to me the caps shearing off is ridiculous on prolines end. I be frustrated with the results of that if it happens to me. What you left was a honest review and I needed it. I love hearing the goods and the horribles about a product to see what I'm dealing with. And at the end of the day personally for me functionality over looks ,because fancy looks will leave you with broken things sometimes. Yet still undecided about what is going to be my choice on this body mount system, but your review was very helpful to me.

VROOOMMMM
    Glad you found it helpful. I love the look of the RAM body, but I have come to the conclusion you are hard pressed to beat the clipless system with the cage that Traxxas offers. The RAM body will work, if you don't bash it very hard. If you go that way, go with clips not the pro-line screw in system.