RC Enthusiast

2s lipo on stock teton

Hey guys, just a quick question. My 8 year old got a Teton last xmas and I got a prerunner this xmas. Both vehicles are completely stock. We charge up and go have some fun but my son's Teton runs out of juice way before my new prerunner. Both running traxxas 1200mah nimh. So I know my son's NiMH is wearing out and I'll need to replace soon. Can I safely put ESC into lipo mode and run the traxxas 2200mah 2s lipo or should I just get another traxxas NiMH? I'm very familiar with lipos as I have traxxas ID chargers and a 3s in my slash and a 2s in my boys stampede. Thanks for any help.

RC poster
    I don't have a Teton, but it does work in my Rally. I do have to stuff it into the space and not use the battery clip as the lipo is slightly larger. But the ESC goes into lipo mode just as you'd expect.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanW View Post
    I don't have a Teton, but it does work in my Rally. I do have to stuff it into the space and not use the battery clip as the lipo is slightly larger. But the ESC goes into lipo mode just as you'd expect.
    Well I think I'm gonna try it. Noticed the traxxas 2200 2s lipo is also 27grams lighter then the traxxas 1200 NiMH battery, so that should atleast take some stress off the little motor to go against the extra 7.4v lipo stress as to the 7.2v NiMH.