Thread: Jato worth it?

RC poster

Jato worth it?

Hi everyone I’m new to the forum. I’m considering getting a jato after I sell my vintage team associated Rc10gt. The I have never driven a jato but it sounds cool. I’m just kinda concern I might not like it.
    I own a revo 2.5 , t maxx 3.3 and a slash 4x4. I kinda want something that is more capable on road but I’m afraid the jato may be to similar to one of my other cars. Any advice would help. I was also thinking of maybe getting the 4tec 2.0

You can always lower (shock mounting locations and/or shorter/stiffer springs) and put street tires/wheels on one of your current rigs...

Have fun!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    You can always lower (shock mounting locations and/or shorter/stiffer springs) and put street tires/wheels on one of your current rigs...

Have fun!
    I’m new to the hobby and haven’t gotten to the customizing part yet lol. But I’ll defiantly look I to that

Quote Originally Posted by 63nando View Post
    I own a revo 2.5 , t maxx 3.3 and a slash 4x4.
    A jato is nothing like any of those.

It's a handful at speed, but gets there a lot easier than a single speed 2wd stadium like the RC10GT or XXX-NT or nitro rustler.

I usually ran mine offroad, which meant the stock tires/gearing was useless. I ran lower gearing and more aggressive tires on it back then. Usually ran 1/8th buggy tires on it just to add a bit of ground clearance.

Then I switched back to 2.8 wheels with softer offroad tires:

Then I converted it to electric, ditched the 2-speed, but stuck with those hatchet's for a while until the foams gave out. Then put 2.8" trenchers on it. They did ok at first, but once they wore down a bit, I got very little traction in grass with them, so went a bit more invasive:

Next will be running 4S in it... it's a handful now with 3S.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

RC poster
    Man that thing looks so cool. I actually want something for the pavement. And I want something rear wheel drive so I can drift it and play around with it. Believe it if not I have actually never driven the Rc10gt. It was broken in by a relative and he never used it again. I got it recently got it running and canít justify driving it. It looks brand new. No wear on tires no damage at all to the body original box and everything. You made me want a jato even more .

I have a Tmaxx, Revo and a couple of 4x4 electrics. The Jato is a lot of fun. It is different than the 4x4's. If you want a Nitro engine for pavement this will be good. But, if your unsure and want electric maybe the 4-tec would be better.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    I have a Tmaxx, Revo and a couple of 4x4 electrics. The Jato is a lot of fun. It is different than the 4x4's. If you want a Nitro engine for pavement this will be good. But, if your unsure and want electric maybe the 4-tec would be better.
    That’s actually my other choice. I’m really 50/50. I had a 4tec 2.5 and loved it. I sold it because parts are becoming very hard to find. I originally wanted a 4 tec 2.0 but was not sure of something that handles well but can jump from a sidewalk would be more fun.