RC poster

Spartan How does the cooling system works?

Hi all
    How does the cooling system works?
    Is there a pump (I can t locate) or does it
    only work at certain speed.
    I do not see water coming out the side of the boat when I make it run in my bathtube
    Cheers
    Mac

Water is pushed through the holes in the rudder and through the system and when running it in water. Simply running in the tub won’t do anything.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Water is pushed through the holes in the rudder and through the system and when running it in water. Simply running in the tub won’t do anything.
    Got it, thanks! Works by water pressure! This explains.why many people install an additionnal water pump.
    Cheers!

Yes, some guys do install water pumps, but they're not needed. The only time you don't have cool water running though the boat's cooling system is when the boat is sitting still...who does that? If you want to test your boat's cooling system, without putting it in the water, you need one of these babies...

You need is a ReglarGuy RC Boat Water Cooling System Tester. It's made right here at the ReglarGuy Development and Research Center located here in the Eastern Shore of Maryland, but you can also make one yourself. When you make yours, just put Silly Putty around your rudder to seal it to the slit in the pipe, hook it to a garden hose, and just barely turn on the water. It works good for testing out your Spartan's cooling system.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 01-19-2021 at 04:58 AM.
    Life's to short to be a sour puss.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    Yes, some guys do install water pumps, but they're not needed. The only time you don't have cool water running though the boat's cooling system is when the boat is sitting still...who does that? If you want to test your boat's cooling system, without putting it in the water, you need one of these babies...

You need is a ReglarGuy RC Boat Water Cooling System Tester. It's made right here at the ReglarGuy Development and Research Center located here in the Eastern Shore of Maryland, but you can also make one yourself. When you make yours, just put Silly Putty around your rudder to seal it to the slit in the pipe, hook it to a garden hose, and just barely turn on the water. It works good for testing out your Spartan's cooling system.
    Thanks! Smart!

I'm here for you babe. (lol)
    Life's to short to be a sour puss.