RC poster

Spartan maintenance: which oil

Hello
    I m cleaning the flex cable with marine grease.
    However, for the other parts (rudder, drive, screws, motor, etc) would you recommend a special oil (which one?)or simply W40 or dry lube like WD40 dry?
    For the electric parts, W40 or wd40 dry or anyother reco?
    Thanks!
    Mac

Clean the hull with Windex and paper towels, or you can also use a thin wet micro-fiber rag. To lube the bearings in your motor use a few drops of High Speed Bearing Oil on each bearing. For your flex cable, clean with Kerosene and lube with marine grade grease. For all your other parts use a paper towel nicely dampened with Windex, and air compress dry. This is all good for fresh water running. For running in salt water, I can't give you advice on. I don't run mine in salt water. It's to hard on RC boats.
    Life's to short to be a sour puss.

RC poster
    Thanks!
    This level of care plus w40 on electric parts should work fine even in salt water.
    Thanks, I ll buy the oil.
    Best

I personally wouldn't use WD40 on my electronic parts. It conductive and leaves a conductive coating. If I clean inside my electronic parts I use an electronic chem wash. On the outside, I use a paper towel or micro fiber dampened with either distilled water or Windex. Dry inside and out with compressed air.

P.S. There is an extra step after doing post #2 when running in salt water. You have to flush out your cooling system with fresh water. Kind of like what you have to do with jet ski's.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 01-21-2021 at 05:40 AM.
    Life's to short to be a sour puss.