RC poster

Summit brushless upgrade

Hi folks I'm kinda new to these forums so be kind, I've got the summit and had it about 6 years and decided to go for the traxxas vxl 65 system thats in the e revo , what are your thoughts on this and is there anything else I need to buy to make it fit,
    Kind regards Si

RC Enthusiast
    I overpowered my Summit and details in this video.

This brushless system is so efficient and fast that using the two NIMH batteries that powered the brushed 775 motor, my Summit can attain 30 - 35mph which is a huge improvement over the 20mph it used to get.

RC poster

Cheers thankyou , what plate did you use to reverse your motor

Quote Originally Posted by LesDMess View Post
    I overpowered my Summit and details in this video.

This brushless system is so efficient and fast that using the two NIMH batteries that powered the brushed 775 motor, my Summit can attain 30 - 35mph which is a huge improvement over the 20mph it used to get.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Siandhell View Post
    The erevo model MODEL 56036-4 sported two brushed motors and apparently the previous owner of my Summit installed this. The part number is 5690 and can be seen in the -> E-Revo (56036-4) Transmission Assembly Exploded View

RC poster
    Many thanks traxxas velineon 2200 and vxl6s just dropped straight in as existing, just needed 2 different motor mount screws!
    Wow unbelievable power, I've only run on 4s and that seems crazy , so God knows what 6s is like