RC Competitor

Axle problems on the udr

I have had my udr for about 5 months and I am on my second axle housing and i will need another one soon because the planetary gears chewed up the inside of the housing. It is not terrible though. There are just imprinted shapes of gears on the inside right outside of the planetary. The second problem is where the bearing at the front of the axle goes out all the time and one time it got ceased and hollowed that part out on my gpm aluminum axle housing so it wore out the driveshaft really fast because of the vibration.

I am planning on getting the vitavon axle housing and the vitavon rear driveshaft. Are these two parts reliable because Iíve tried gpm and mip and both get worn out really quick. Does anyone also know where I can get them without having to wait a month?

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for those findings on the GPM housing. I'll probably switch the planetary housing back to plastic, but use the rest of the aluminum housing. My input pinion has a bit of wiggle that I don't like.

RC Competitor
    I think what I’ll do is buy the planetary part that vitavon makes and use the plastic back part.

RC Racer
    Interested in what works best for you. I just received my GPM steel planetary housings as I killed the plastics. Waiting for a set of stainless bearings I ordered as I run mine at the beach and the original bearing fell apart, and most are looking bad, so hoping for a little more life with stainless. Then I'll put it all back together and see how it goes. I also added the GPM rear axle case a few months back hoping it helped hold the rear together a little better. I had the plastic case loosen up and the vibration killed the driveshaft. I went with a Vitavon chromoly and so far it's done well.

I run 6s and understand the rear is taking a beating as I slide across the beach at 50+, so I'm not too upset. Haha

RC Racer
    I got my rear driveshaft from Supershafty on eBay within a few days.

RC Competitor
    I saw that but they are out of stock

Although it is probably quicker to wait for them to get back in stock.

RC Competitor
    I like vitavons axle housing just because that front bearing will hold together better

I’ve probably spent 30$ on just that bearing.

RC Racer
    Please let us know how the Vitavon axle goes. If it's worth the money I'll follow your lead.

RC Competitor
    Ok sounds good