Speedyrevo. Do to your merv.

All you need is a Traxxas battery you have laying around (fully charged and over 7.2v and under 14v. You just take the body off, put a dif bigger battery on (I used a 5000mah 8.4v bandit battery) and use zip ties to fasten it on. This will make it wheelie and go really fast. Plus run for 45+min. Although itís heavy it still moves and wheelies. Just donít do any backflips or you will tear up your battery.
    Disclaimer **do not do this on the XL-5 it will probably fry your ESC**
    1/16 E-Revo VXL, Bandit XL-5 Just Gonna Send It!!

I don't use NiMh, but I would imagine you'd be better off with a pair of 2s LiPo. Similar runtime, better performance, and they actually fit in the battery trays.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatTraxxas View Post
    All you need is a Traxxas battery you have laying around (fully charged and over 7.2v and under 14v. You just take the body off, put a dif bigger battery on (I used a 5000mah 8.4v bandit battery) and use zip ties to fasten it on. This will make it wheelie and go really fast. Plus run for 45+min. Although itís heavy it still moves and wheelies. Just donít do any backflips or you will tear up your battery.
    Disclaimer **do not do this on the XL-5 it will probably fry your ESC**
    What are you trying to do here? The 3s batteries that fit in the trays can be put in parallel and do just as good without modifications or the worry about not having a body. Also, the batteries are small enough you can keep one or two in your pocket and not worry about running out of juice.

Wheelies on command have never been an issue with any of the batteries that fit in the truck (including NiMH). Usually the issue is to NOT having it wheelie.

Yes I know. Some people donít have lipos.

Plus it has amazing runtime
    Last edited by cooleocool; 01-22-2021 at 01:35 AM. Reason: merge
    1/16 E-Revo VXL, Bandit XL-5 Just Gonna Send It!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatTraxxas View Post
    Yes I know. Some people don’t have lipos.
    Why don't they? Not trying to be dense here, just I get if you have an extra NiMH battery like you did lying around -- sure. But with the advantages of LiPos -- it seems to me like its well worth the investment if you want to really enjoy your RC.

RC poster
    I'd Have to agree about Lipo's. They are a great power source and can fit in the battery trays. I just got a 2s and its really fun with 1 of them. Runtime is still like a half hour, maybe a little longer.

Quote Originally Posted by halygon View Post
    Why don't they? Not trying to be dense here, just I get if you have an extra NiMH battery like you did lying around -- sure. But with the advantages of LiPos -- it seems to me like its well worth the investment if you want to really enjoy your RC.
    If you already have a NiMH charger, then it's cheaper to buy more NiMHs than a LiPo, a LiPo charger, etc. They definitely are worth it if you have the budget, though.
    𝘚𝘓4𝘚𝘏

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by EclipseMantis View Post
    If you already have a NiMH charger, then it's cheaper to buy more NiMHs than a LiPo, a LiPo charger, etc. They definitely are worth it if you have the budget, though.
    Good point. I am thinking of it though as the cost of LiPos is higher up front, but long term, the benefits outweigh those of a NiMH - power, longevity, and drive time.