Thread: Emaxx build?

RC Racer

Emaxx build?

I know you E-Maxx guys are huge on how customizable and fun of a truck the E-Maxx is. I am wondering about how much it costs approximately to make a powerful strong E-Maxx. I am not super serious about this I just am curious. I have lots of builds to finish, but I would like to know if I could build myself a nice reliable basher maybe like a year down the pipeline?
    His Glory Alone all the way to the grave.

RC Champion
    Go with RPM bulkheads, Rpm shock towers, RPM Tru track A-arms for the rear, RPM A-arms for the front but use HR aluminum carriers on the front. I kept popping the pivot balls out of the RPM carriers.
    Traxxas cvd's p/n#5451R and Traxxas center drive shafts p/n#5151R, MMX and a CC 2200kv motor, grab some Trenchers or Badlands and use ReglarGuys mini diff thread for your diff's and you have a really reliable truck.

I'm sure I missed something but running this for coming up on 4 years with very little breakage or parts replacement.
    This should get you started, just shop sales and piece it together as time and money allow. Good luck it's a fun truck.

If you did what I did to make my Emaxx reliable at 6s you'd be right around 150 to 200 bucks.
    Life's to short to be a sour puss.

RC Racer
    Ok cool, good to know. If I do this I'll refer back to this so I know what to do thanks to both of you.

Where do you guys recommend getting all the basic parts Jennys, or ebay or some other seller? Also Reglar do you have a build thread for your E-Maxx if so could you provide a link please?
    Last edited by cooleocool; 01-22-2021 at 02:31 AM. Reason: merge
    His Glory Alone all the way to the grave.

Quote Originally Posted by bashing fo fun View Post
    Where do you guys recommend getting all the basic parts Jennys, or ebay or some other seller?
    Shopping for the basic items is the tricky part. When I sourced together my E-Maxx Brushless (Not my converted regular E-Maxx that was brushed) about five years ago, I got most of my basic (platform) pieces from Traxxas. Basic pieces included the chassis and chassis braces. I also bought all of my transmission pieces from Traxxas since I needed to get my order over $99 to qualify for the free shipping.

That is where the trick comes in on savings if trying to source the truck from the ground up. You want to group your ordered pieces with the same seller so you are only paying one shipping fee or none at all.

Rain Dawg is spot on with the items needed to make it reliable and we have many tips and tricks to show you on how to stop CV screw pins from backing out when you go with the Traxxas CV shafts and axles.

Overall, I still run my beloved E-Maxx Brushless more than my X-Maxx because there is just something about the power to weight ratio you can make the truck perform at with little effort. I just had it out yesterday because I let someone use my T-Maxx 3.3 and wanted to get it on with my E-Maxx Brushless for kicks.

We raced a couple of drags up and down the street and were pretty much neck and neck because I was geared more for short bursts of speed but still kept up with the second gear ratio of the T-Maxx 3.3! But when I'm geared perfect, my E-Maxx Brushless with all its upgrades, stomps a stock X-Maxx or stock T-Maxx 3.3 in speed runs!
    Last edited by Flux Capacitor; 01-21-2021 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Updated.
    Sent from my autonomous device.

RC poster
    Yah I’m also making a list of what I need! The only thing I need to know is if their is a forward/reverse gear or something. I also need to know if the t Maxx has a steel tooth trany?

One of these days I will have to update my old (2003) E-Maxx 3906 to run brushless.

If I just upgraded the swapped the ESC and dual Titan motors out for a 2200kV, would it destroy the stock 2-speed gearing in it? What LiPo batteries would fit in the old compartments?

Worth the trouble?
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    One of these days I will have to update my old (2003) E-Maxx 3906 to run brushless.

If I just upgraded the swapped the ESC and dual Titan motors out for a 2200kV, would it destroy the stock 2-speed gearing in it? What LiPo batteries would fit in the old compartments?

Worth the trouble?
    Take and post a few pictures of it, so we can help you better.

Overall, I still run my beloved E-Maxx Brushless more than my X-Maxx because there is just something about the power to weight ratio you can make the truck perform at with little effort.
    You got that right! It's a very addictive truck.
    Life's to short to be a sour puss.