RC poster

Steel Spur gear (6449X) or keep the plastic Spur gear (6449)

Hi All,
    Just curious if anyone has replaced the plastic Spur gear (6449) with the Steel version (6449X)?
    I currently have the vehicle apart to install the steel drive shaft, thought I would replace the Spur gear too, just wanting to know if this would lead to more issues?
    Did not want to install a steel spur and break something somewhere else, would rather damage a plastic one.
    Thank-you for any help.

RC Racer
    I considered a steel spur when I did the steel driveshaft upgrade. Ultimately I kept the plastic for the exact reason you mentioned. I think it's the last bit of protection for the motor if you hit something at full throttle.

RC poster
    I'm also into upgrading stuff on my e-revo but for the spur gear i keep the plastic one, when something wants to break it will always be the weakest part so in this case the plastic spur gear. And this is an easy and cheap fix then.

RC Racer
    Yeah, unless you're running something ridiculously powerful like an X-Maxx or speed running. I think plastic spurs are the way to go.
    His Glory Alone all the way to the grave.

I prefer plastic when they hold up. The one in my ERBEv2 has been in it for over a year without any issues. All on 6S power and a lot of jumping.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

RC poster
    Thank-you for all the feedback, I will stick with the plastic gear for now.