RC Enthusiast

Steel Wide Maxx CVDs questions

Hey everyone just ordered a like new Maxx on ebay, came with wide maxx kit, but only has plastic extended CVD axles.
    The steel cvd kit from traxxas is outrageously over priced in canada, and im having a hard time finding replacement drive cups for it for down the road wear and tear.
    Also has anyone had good experience with gpm or the hot racing wide cvd kits, im willing to wait for those to come in from china if they are a decent alternative.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    The gpm and hot racing one are heavy , i had them on the rustler , too heavy imho

RC poster
    I really want to do the entire widemaxx and steel driveshaft conversion, but this is exactly what is stopping me. I don't think you can find the steel drive cups separately. Very ridiculous considering the price of the entire kit.

RC Champion
    Yep break one part and then stuck trying to find a replacement, stick with plastic shafts, just dont use the self righting feature you should be fine , i have s graveyard of metal driveshafts.. hot racing, mip, ebay.....traxxas

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Role View Post
    Yep break one part and then stuck trying to find a replacement, stick with plastic shafts, just dont use the self righting feature you should be fine , i have s graveyard of metal driveshafts.. hot racing, mip, ebay.....traxxas
    What's your opinion on running the WideMaxx kit without the steel driveshafts? I don't jump or self-right my Maxx so I'm guessing it might be okay?

RC Champion
    Fine , I take it easy on my trucks , I also put hot glue into the male end of the driveshaft to give it extra strength or a screw and Dremel the end off - it keeps them from twisting

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Role View Post
    Aren't these the steel cups?

https://www.amainhobbies.com/traxxas...AaAseLEALw_wcB

I have had the Wide maxx kit for 6 months with steel driveshafts and it has been great. The cups are getting a little worn but I haven't broken one yet.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    I've been running my wide steel axles for about a week now. Where does the squeaking come from ? Is it the outer pins and cups ? I greased them a little ,maybe not enough ? Thanks

Last edited by JohnD@_FL; 01-26-2021 at 04:33 PM.