RC poster

Nitro rustler part compatability?

Just scored a Nitro Rustler with all the original paperwork and the 2.5 engine for $100 for everything! Everything works and it starts right up just needed a little bit of tuning. I'm wanting to put some upgrades on it and do alot of aluminum because I'm going to be driving it On Pavement mainly.

What parts are interchangeable from the Slash and the Bandit and stuff like that? Thanks everybody

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluetickduke View Post
    Just scored a Nitro Rustler with all the original paperwork and the 2.5 engine for $100 for everything! Everything works and it starts right up just needed a little bit of tuning. I'm wanting to put some upgrades on it and do alot of aluminum because I'm going to be driving it On Pavement mainly.

What parts are interchangeable from the Slash and the Bandit and stuff like that? Thanks everybody
    There isn't a ton of compatibility between the electric 2wd and nitro 2wd. Everything from the front suspension to the transmission is different. Even the steering linkage is different.

If you want aluminum for it, hit up the integy website - make sure you search for "nitro rustler" as "rustler" will not be specific enough. I made that mistake when I first got mine. Many parts are labeled "Rustler" without an electric or nitro designation -- they are all for electric. Only those marked "Nitro Rustler" is for that.

You can find an abundance of tire options if you look around - get some good street tires if that's what you are working on. The GTR shocks can be made to fit it, although you have to change out the hollowballs. I've never tried, but you might be able to fit the E-revo 2.0 shocks/springs on it for a stiffer ride.

There are no sway bars (there used to be, but I cannot find anyone still making them) although on youtube, some people have some creative alternatives.

There is not a sealed differential for the Nitro Rustler, although there is a ball bearing differential, which Traxxas calls the "Pro-ball" differential. I have it and it's not too much better than the stock differential other than I don't have to constantly refill it with grease.

RC poster
    Thanks man I appreciate it ��

RC Enthusiast
    I just pulled my old nitro rustler out of the closet. Look at Fast Lane Machine parts as well, I just picked up the long arm kit for it which should help with stability in turns.