RC poster

What Are The Versions Of xMaxx & Release Dates?

Iím thinking about picking up this xMaxx. They said it is new, however the body doesnít look like the current version.

What are the differences in all the versions since the initial release, and what were the release dates.

RC Qualifier
    I don't know if there is a changelog anywhere on the models.

For this particular one, I think it might be hard to find out given it appears to have many aftermarket parts. What ESC/Motor does it have? What does it look like under the body?

From the pics I see non-stock: Steering turnbuckles, upper and lower front and rear a-arms, skid plates, wheelie bar and wheels, Body, light kit, wheel hubs, nerf bars.

Don't get me wrong it looks really clean, while probably means it wasn't used for bashing. I'd get more info on what the insides are and look like. From the outside, it looks like a bit of money was dumped into it.

RC poster
    Here’s a pic of the insides...

There is basically it 2 models. Xmaxx 6s,. And xmaxx 8s. The body's came with a bunch of different body shell colors

If esc says vxl8s. Then it's a 8s.

That xmaxx has slot of aluminum parts in it and after market led. Prior post named all the aftermarket parts on it I think.

If buying for under retail. Could be worth it. Lot of money and time added to it...

In my areas I see stock 8s going for 600 to 800$ usd depending on if battery/ charger included or not.

But doubt that one has ever been bashed. Looks clean and like new.

Can see the aluminum a arms bending soon if jumping it. Has nice skid plate and wheelie bar setup.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Tires look like my stock 8s.

Find out what was esc it has and what servo. And if motor is stock or not. Probably is as fan shroud is stock.

Probably close to $200 in aftermarket aluminum and led put in.

Last edited by Acidic01; 01-25-2021 at 02:13 AM.

RC poster
    Just in case youíre wondering, they are asking $1,800 plus $250 for shipping. I made a much lower offer but they didnít accept. How much do you guys think Iíd have to spend on upgrades if I just bought a brand new one?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/traxxas-xma...69d8%7Ciid%3A1

Quote Originally Posted by iClique View Post
    Just in case you’re wondering, they are asking $1,800 plus $250 for shipping. I made a much lower offer but they didn’t accept. How much do you guys think I’d have to spend on upgrades if I just bought a brand new one?

Honestly, with how many upgrades are on it I would do $1,400 max. It probably weighs a ton due to all of the aluminum upgrades and the stock power system will be little underpowered, the first thing I would end up doing to it would be dropping in a bigger motor and ESC. Even if you bought it for $1,400 you'd end up spending shy of $1,800 in order to get it running.

The aluminum looks really nice and all but to be honest if you are going to be bashing it then plastic is better as it will flex back instead of permanently bending.

This is definitely a show off X-MAXX, you can tell that a lot of work was put into it and the details all add together to create a very appealing package, I can see why the seller is asking $1,800 but to be honest that just isn't for everyone.

P.S.
    I actually like the old body graphics over the new ones, it reminds me of a Cigarette racing boat or something.
    Last edited by ElectricPropils; 01-25-2021 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Added info
    The present is theirs; the future, is mine.

Just in case you’re wondering, they are asking $1,800 plus $250 for shipping. I made a much lower offer but they didn’t accept. How much do you guys think I’d have to spend on upgrades if I just bought a brand new one?

The Xmaxx debuted as a 6s truck but then late 2016/early 2017 Traxxas came out with the 8s version and offered an upgrade kit for the 6s owners that included (pulled directly from Bigsquid):

VXL-8s Electronic Speed Control
    Motor Cooling Fan Assembly
    Cush Drive Assembly
    Torque-Biasing Center Drive
    Metal Driveshaft Assembly (4)
    Upper and Lower Rear Bulkhead
    Wheelie Bar
    Transmission Input Gear
    Stub Axle (4)
    Drive Cup (4)
    18-T Pinion Gear
    15-T Pinion Gear
    Differential Ring Gear (2)
    Front Differential Pinion Gear
    Rear Differential Pinion Gear

Now who's to say that the ebay link is a 6s with an 8s system?? Regardless, it may look very pretty but you are paying double of what a new X-Maxx is going for and what are you really getting in return? You probably don't know the seller and are entrusting him to exchange $2000 for that.

Since you are in the market for one, buy it from a reputable dealer and upgrade as you go.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier

I believe when they say it is new. All of the parts on there minus maybe the body and light kit are easy bolt ons. Doesn't look like any performance changes were made - just items that are visually appealing. If you plan on bashing, stay away - you're better set buy a new in box for $899+tax and then do as you wish vs this. If you don't want to ever work on a RC and just have something already built - you'd probably still be better off with a NiB because it will perform better with zero changes (just won't look as pretty). If you are looking for a looker only, it's probably overpriced. Just my opinion of course.

I agree with others if want to bash. That xmaxx not worth it. I didn't notice the carbon fiber wrapping in some places and I see that as pointless. Car is set up more as a shelf queen vs going out and getting dirty.

I would just get a new in box and then upgrade as you see fit for your desires will be cheaper than what they want.

RC Competitor
    For that money just buy new. Go to the local shop and maybe they will cut you a deal.

RC Qualifier
    I got my 8S the first month it was available and that one has the exact same graphics. I know there are many different color and theme options so I honestly donít know what a current stock one looks like today.

Stay away.

Look for a used one local or get a new one and do bashing upgrades like Traxxas HD arms and RPM axle carriers and hardened steel spurs. The more air the more it costs.

Started in the mid 90s and this is in a tight race with my T-Maxx as my favorite.

Electric is a no brainer for maintenance of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Champion

IMHO, this is crazy expensive, in the most of parts, it's purely aesthetic.

Their attitude in the descriptions gives me a bad impression, maybe it's just me:

Quote Originally Posted by ann_petre
    Selling one of my traxxas xmaxx with upgrades as you can see in the pictures with paddle wheels, extra used raptor body and remote control. Truck is new. Never played with it. The original body comes with custom lights and switches that you can operate the lights differently. There is like 3 different settings for the lights. The raptor body is from my other truck and it's been used but in realy good shape. It has a custom wheely bar. Really nice. Awesome Truck. Also the chassis is wrapped in carbon fiber as you can see in pic's. All you need is batteries and charger and ready to go. This is the best looking truck you will ever find. It's very expensive. Oh yeah, if you don't have the money to pay for the truck then don't make me offers. I will not sell the truck cheap. If you have $900 then just buy the original truck. I will never sell this truck for that much. 😊 This truck is incredible. Thanks guys. You will definitely enjoy it. I spend a lot of money on this thing so you are getting extremely good deal. Oh yeah, the shipping is expensive because of it's size and weight so no discounts on shipping. Sorry. 😃
    𝘚𝘓4𝘚𝘏

Quote Originally Posted by EclipseMantis View Post
    Their attitude in the descriptions gives me a bad impression, maybe it's just me:
    Oh yeah, even if I wanted that truck I don't think I'd buy it just because of how rude the owner seems. That definitely isn't how you sell something.
    The present is theirs; the future, is mine.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by EclipseMantis View Post
    Wow. I've done a bit of selling on eBay, and I'd never expect to sell my (overpriced) item with wording like that. It tells me to just move along, nothing much to see here.

smp
    Stephen

Traxxas XMaxx 8S (orange)

RC Qualifier
    The guy is just trying to make it sound like its such a dear and awesome truck that he priced it where its a deal. Truth probably is that he had the extra parts or was able to get them cheap, threw them on a stock truck for aesthetics and then raised the price way up. The truck looks too perfect to have been actually "loved" and used.