RC poster

Ez start batteries

I am using the old ez start box and I have converted it to a remote start by turning the button into a auxiliary channel relay switch. I have seen many people glue or zip tie a servo to push the button but it just looks too cheap. Anyways, everything worked great but I do not want to put the heavy nihm batteries for the ez start on the truck. I was wandering if I could use a small 7.4 volt 2s lipo. If I were to do so, what mah do I need to turn the engine over a good 3 or 4 times with ease. The goal is the lightest battery possible.

I would not use LiPo's to ignite glow plugs.
    Shorting out lipos sounds like a recipie for disaster.
    I'm not afraid of my fellow man.

Quote Originally Posted by nolandiers View Post
    ...If I were to do so, what mah do I need to turn the engine over a good 3 or 4 times with ease. The goal is the lightest battery possible.
    mah between batteries stays the same. A 1500mah NiMh battery has the same capacity as a 1500mah LiPo battery. It's the voltage that is different.

I have a 1800 NiMh battery in my EZ-start and that will start the engine multiple times. I would think a 1500-2000mah would be more than plenty. Make sure to monitor the LiPo cell voltage. If the cells go too low they will be damaged.