RC Racer

Dust covers are they any good????

I've been thinking of getting one but I wasn't sure if they work or not. I also have the Traxxas center brace and I wasn't sure if it would still work with that on the truck. If anyone has one what kind is it?

RC Racer
    I don't have a rustler, but I have a slash 4x4. I have the Dusty Motors dust cover, and it does a good job of keeping out the dirt. Over time, depending on where you run, you will end up with a layer of dust under the dust cover, due to tiny particles. Also, take cooling into consideration, as it is another barrier (though not solid) for air to get your electronics

RC poster
    I have a shroud from Dusty Motors for my rustler 4x4 vxl and itís been amazing. I was sick of all the dirt, dust, and more than anything, the little rocks that accumulate and get trapped. Its been fantastic for winter too, keeping all snow out which makes drying and clean up a lot easier. It secured with Velcro so when it gets too dirty, it can be removed for cleaning.

Yes temperature is the main concern for most people. I keep it unzipped half way as recommended and never get overheating (truck equipped with temp sensor).

From my own experience, I can easily recommend the Dusty Motors shroud. Iím sure other brands are just as good, although Iíve seen a lot with the zipper opening at the back (dusty mot. opens from front) which doesnít allow the open shroud to catch fresh air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Do you guys know if the cover will fit with the chassis brace or would have to chosse between getting dust inside or chassis rigidity

RC poster
    Overtrays are a good investment if you run in snow
    Stampede & Stampede 4x4