RC Qualifier

Slash 2wdswaybar front with brace to make it work gooder and stuff

Pretty good progress so far on the front sway bar. This should be effective now.
    This shows the heaviest bar but all 3 should work to varying degrees.
    Hopefully you can benefit from this video. Easy to make this brace.
    Rear video coming soon... as I figure it out...lol

RC Competitor
    The term ďmake it work Gooder and stuffĒ sold me to look at the thread lol. I like how clean the installation looks. It seems like it should work....keep us posted.

Quote Originally Posted by fortunespoonz View Post
    Pretty good progress so far on the front sway bar. This should be effective now.
    This shows the heaviest bar but all 3 should work to varying degrees.
    Hopefully you can benefit from this video. Easy to make this brace.
    Rear video coming soon... as I figure it out...lol

That's awesome. It looks fairly simple too. Thats how a sway bar should work.

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

That is a great simple mod to firm up the front-end. I made my own upgrade bar for my sway bar setup. I used piano wire. Which is hardened stainless spring steel. It made a huge difference. I considered doing this also but my front end does not flex when I push up only 1 front wheel. Might have something to do with the LCG chassis.

RC Racer
    Was this a kit or totally home made? I really want to do something to mine. I run mostly on the street so something like this would really help.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 1SweetV6 View Post
    Was this a kit or totally home made? I really want to do something to mine. I run mostly on the street so something like this would really help.
    Mine is the Hot Racing kit. It comes with front and rear(which is questionable), and 3 weights or bars for each. Also the links, stand-off collars and screws. Just the Lexan brace is home made.
    I’m working on a better set up for the rear so it actually works....

Not sure about Zedorde’s.
    Last edited by fortunespoonz; 02-02-2021 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1SweetV6 View Post
    I think it was an STRC kit but it was a long time ago so not sure at all. But it was a kit I just upgraded the bar.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    That is a great simple mod to firm up the front-end. I made my own upgrade bar for my sway bar setup. I used piano wire. Which is hardened stainless spring steel. It made a huge difference. I considered doing this also but my front end does not flex when I push up only 1 front wheel. Might have something to do with the LCG chassis.

Pro-Line made a front sway bar kit that looks a lot like that.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    I’ve seen Dynamite mentioned in other threads as well.
    Looked a bit different then the one above.
    All the bumper mounted are pretty much the same...

RC Qualifier
    I've mounted the Pro-Line sway bar behind the shock tower but that was on a Pro2 chassis. I've been trying to figure out a way to put a front sway bar on a Slash drag car (with no bumper) with Bandit arms. Guess it will take some fabricating and drilling.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by dgechrgr469 View Post
    I've mounted the Pro-Line sway bar behind the shock tower but that was on a Pro2 chassis. I've been trying to figure out a way to put a front sway bar on a Slash drag car (with no bumper) with Bandit arms. Guess it will take some fabricating and drilling. Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk
    I did see a chassis mounted HR bar on an LCG Slash while searching YouTube.
    You need to grind out the holes on the HR mount to line up with the stock chassis holes.
    It looked like it was a good setup. Ultimately mine is going on a Stampede.
    So I had to make a “better bumper mount” instead of chassis mounting which would be better.

RC Qualifier
    Follow up video... Medium bar

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by fortunespoonz View Post
    Follow up video... Medium bar

Can you flip the mount? Then the bar would be captive on top. All swaybars need a captive mount on either side of the center section of the bar or they simply donít work, or work with drastically reduced effectiveness. In the meantime, you could use zip ties at either end.
    Last edited by Ducati Pilot; 03-04-2021 at 10:50 AM.
    Slash Raptor, Slash Baja Bug Basher, TA Trophy Rat

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducati Pilot View Post
    Can you flip the mount? Then the bar would be captive on top. All swaybars need a captive mount on either side of the center section of the bar or they simply donít work, or work with drastically reduced effectiveness. In the meantime, you could use zip ties at either end.
    Flipping isnít an option imo. That would be ideal. Any slop gets taken up by the weight of the rig.
    But the bar ends up right against the skid plate and sticking out a bit. It would get impacted for sure.
    Also the links would be way to long mounted that way. The bar angle would be extreme.

+1 for the zip ties, they help. The mount is still sloppy but keeps the bar in the mount at least.

I figure if I get the right sized collar, I can use the set screw to capture the bar at the end of the mount.

RC Qualifier
    I made a new brace to enclose the top of the bar.

https://scontent-yyz1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...dc&oe=606AC193

https://scontent-yyz1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...57&oe=606AFC5A

Iíll probably take the opportunity to add some colour to the brace on the final project...

RC Qualifier
    Zip ties save the day again! LOL. I fooled around today to figure out some kind of bushing.
    The steel collars I got were to small and add too much weight anyways IMO.
    I thought maybe metal tape on the bar(meh) or shrink tube(couldn’t find it...),
    and tried cutting strips of Lexan to wedge in there(a pain).
    Turns out these zip ties make perfect nylon bushings for the medium bar.
    I mounted it all up. It works a lot better with the medium bar now.

https://scontent-yyz1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...83&oe=6068E7C8

No more slop!

https://scontent-yyz1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...7d&oe=6069B4D5
    Last edited by fortunespoonz; 03-06-2021 at 09:13 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    Nice job! Kudos for some really good problem solving. Looks great. At rest with the battery installed is there any preload on the bar, or is it mostly neutral?
    Slash Raptor, Slash Baja Bug Basher, TA Trophy Rat

RC Qualifier
    I have no idea. I’m just working out the mechanicals on a bare Slash chassis for now.
    Set up is going be another, separate stage of this project. I figure it will he easier to work out these problems on the bench without weight on the suspension. Set up will be easier without all that slop.
    The rains are coming tomorrow to wash away my snow/ice track. It'll be at least a month until I can get back out there, so it's yearly rebuild time. I'll be figuring the rest out after the rebuild. I've got the PL spring set ready to go with mostly new parts for my chassis.
    Last edited by fortunespoonz; 03-09-2021 at 10:43 PM.