RC Enthusiast

Traxxas Villain EX Decals

Hey all,

I'm nearly done restoring my Villain EX. I repainted it white with a pearl clear coat - it's looking good .

Unfortunately, I am unable to find a replacement set of decals. I've scoured the internet and reached out to Traxxas support with no luck.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm trying to go back to the factory look.

Thanks,
    Traxxas Villain EX Boat - Mild Upgrades.

RC Champion
    Not sure if this will work or if they actually exist, but they let me put it in the cart and head to checkout. If they have more then one you should consider buying them.
    Worth a try.
    https://www.jegs.com/i/Traxxas/430/1518X/10002/-1

RC Enthusiast
    Hey, thanks for your reply.

Jegs is on backorder, unfortunately. I ended up buying 2 sets from this random foreign website. They haven't shipped yet though so they may not have them either - not sure yet.

I guess I'll just rock the white for now haha.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by airattack111 View Post
    Hey, thanks for your reply.

Jegs is on backorder, unfortunately. I ended up buying 2 sets from this random foreign website. They haven't shipped yet though so they may not have them either - not sure yet.

I guess I'll just rock the white for now haha.
    Good luck. If you ever end up with some or if you know someone who has them on their boat, copy the measurements and scan them onto a Cricut machine(providing you know someone with one of those lol) and make your own.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dawg View Post
    Good luck. If you ever end up with some or if you know someone who has them on their boat, copy the measurements and scan them onto a Cricut machine(providing you know someone with one of those lol) and make your own.
    Will do! The seller contacted me and said shipping may take a little longer due to the pandemic but it seems like they have the 2 sets I ordered. Guess I'll know in a month or so.

Most of the replacement parts for this boat were easy to find - like the rudders, props, shafts, etc. The difficult things to find were these decals, the twist-lock hatch screw (ridiculously expensive on ebay...), and if my ESC or Remote ever gets fried the replacement ones are crazy expensive too.

I guess that's to be expected rebuilding a boat I got in 2004. They still make the Blast though which is a pretty useless boat compared to the new beginner boats out there.

RC Champion
    Well hopefully it works out for you. Just remember to scan them onto your computer when you get them just incase you need some for a future build.

Hoping this never happens to the Emaxx parts lol.

Glad you were able to source some decals, hope they don't take too long to ship! Its too bad some of the parts are getting hard to find for these boats. They are such fun boats, it's a shame that they weren't around longer.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Enthusiast
    Is the wiring diagram in the manual mixed up?

The left motor turns in the same direction as the right motor haha. I was a little confused when I saw the black wire and a + next to it in the diagram but wanted to make sure I matched everything correctly. Just switch the two wires?

My steering servo doesn’t seem to want to work either. Any tips to make it work again or just buy a new one? It doesn’t turn at all and I can’t get the gear to budge (haven’t tried to force it yet though).

RC Enthusiast
    Wiring diagram from the manual. Notice the left motor and the color of the wires? Weird...

Just swap the wires around on the left motor?

The servo is completely locked up after disassembling it, should I get a new 2018 servo or something different?

Some Pics

I cut the flooring out & reattached it so I could fit the Lipo batteries. They are slightly too big for the default battery compartment and also hard to get the velcro around them. This makes it easy.

Still waiting on gfix & made my own for now haha.

New props are huge.

Last edited by airattack111; 02-07-2021 at 11:40 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    Ordered one of these 2056 servos. Hoping it works ok because I can't really find any 2018 servos that aren't expensive.

https://www.amazon.com/Traxxas-2056-...d-games&sr=1-1

The wiring diagram is weird but I'm going to just go ahead and re-solder everything while I wait for the servo. I double-checked each wire coming from the ESC and everything is wired exactly how the manual says... I'll triple check to be sure.
    Last edited by airattack111; 02-08-2021 at 12:15 AM.

RC Enthusiast
    The two decals I ordered ended up being a scam haha. RIP.

Hopefully, Paypal can get my $40 back.

I'm off to beg Traxxas support to see if they will send me the design files so I can get them printed somewhere...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by airattack111
    I'm off to beg Traxxas support to see if they will send me the design files so I can get them printed somewhere...
    If that doesn't work out find someone that would be willing to take pic's and measurements.

Sad that you got scammed, but Paypal should be able to help you out.
    Good luck