RC poster

Series 3S in a 1/16E-Revo

Good afternoon,

Is it possible to run 2 3S batteries in series in a 1/16 E-Revo? If so, what is the part number for the series plug? If not, let me know that as well.

The reason I am asking is I am pretty sure I ran 3S batteries in series in the past. It has been awhile since I used these units and now I have to get new batteries because Traxxas changed up their batteries, don't know when that happened...but like I said it's been awhile.
    Thanks, K.

RC Racer
    That would equate to a 6S battery. You might be on your own there.

Quote Originally Posted by stoopidfast View Post
    Good afternoon,

Is it possible to run 2 3S batteries in series in a 1/16 E-Revo? If so, what is the part number for the series plug? If not, let me know that as well.

The reason I am asking is I am pretty sure I ran 3S batteries in series in the past. It has been awhile since I used these units and now I have to get new batteries because Traxxas changed up their batteries, don't know when that happened...but like I said it's been awhile.
    Thanks, K.
    You didn't run 3s LiPo batteries in series. It was running two NiMh batteries in series on the brushless models (VXL-3m ESC).

You have never been able to run 2 LiPo batteries in series without changing out the ESC's with ones that can handle the higher voltages.

Not sure what your thinking about the batteries? Traxxas still offers a NiMh battery, a 2s LiPo battery, and 2 3s LiPo battery. The only thing that changed is the battery plugs have changed over to their ID connectors.

RC Racer
    On the other had, a 6S mini erevo could be entertaining, albeit completely uncontrollable. Haha. Definitely need something other than stock electronics for that.

RC Enthusiast
    Maybe you ran 2 3s batteries in parallel? You can't do this with the newer connector, but I'm pretty sure the old connector allowed for this.

RC poster
    Awesome! thanks for all the input. The ESC and motor is not stock, I believe it is all Castle Creations. I will confirm and repost.
    The battery connectors is what I was referring to when I said they changed the batteries up. Not sure if they have an adapter for the new style connectors or if I have to update all the ESC's to the new style battery plug.

Quote Originally Posted by stoopidfast View Post
    The battery connectors is what I was referring to when I said they changed the batteries up. Not sure if they have an adapter for the new style connectors or if I have to update all the ESC's to the new style battery plug.
    No adapters needed. The new ID connectors work with the original Traxxas connectors.

RC Qualifier
    NiMH can be run in series or Parallel - which there are two different adapters to handle each of those scenarios. The old adapters from Traxxas allowed LiPos to also be plugged in - which in series, blows up the ESC, but in parallel will give you 2s or 3s power for a longer duration. The current Traxxas parallel adapter has a tab on it to prevent LiPos from being plugged in. There ARE non-traxxas parallel adapters that are still made that can use LiPos - some battery brands offer it with their batteries.