RC poster

X-Maxx Upper and Lower A arm

I知 wondering we池e I could buy aluminum A arms I just broke my left front A arms on my X Maxx , I知 looking to buy new upper and lower a arms for both front and rear sets of a arms

RC Racer
    Hey, first thread I would like to welcome you to the forums. Regarding the a-arms I wouldn't buy aluminum I would buy the Traxxas heavy-duty a-arms there super tuff. If you couple them with CEN hinge pins you have a nearly unbreakable setup. Aluminum is stiff which is good but is likely to bend if you do jumping. If you don't jump then they are a cool bling piece and stiffen the truck up. The aluminum I believe the brand is integy, and the Traxxas heavy-duty arms can be found on amain hobbies.com. Whatever you pick keep having fun with your xmaxx.
    His Glory Alone all the way to the grave.

Quote Originally Posted by CountryCowBoy View Post
    I’m wondering we’re I could buy aluminum A arms I just broke my left front A arms on my X Maxx , I’m looking to buy new upper and lower a arms for both front and rear sets of a arms
    GPM has some nice ones:

https://www.gpmparts.com/traxxas-18-...-90073169.html

https://www.gpmparts.com/traxxas-18-...-90073166.html

Be advised though, they have listed shipping delays because of Chinese New Year. I ordered the aluminum servo mount from them and it took two weeks to get it and it was before they listed their Chinese New Year announcement.

https://www.gpmparts.com/traxxas-xma...4-p-23461.html

You would be looking at almost two weeks before the order would even ship and another two weeks to get it unless you want to pay almost $70 bucks to get it faster.

They make really nice parts and the wait would be worth it. The problem with aluminum hop ups regardless of who makes them, is that they bend or transfer the stress to the next weakest part. So keep in mind that although they may seem like you are strengthening the truck, I am unaware of anyone that makes the bulkhead units in aluminum and that would be the part you start breaking next after upgrading the arms.
    Last edited by Flux Capacitor; 02-09-2021 at 11:06 PM. Reason: Fixed.
    Sent from my autonomous device.

RC Competitor
    I would stick with stock. A arms are easy to replace if you didn’t break the a arm may have broken the bulkhead. But as other have said gpm parts are not bad.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by CountryCowBoy View Post
    I知 wondering we池e I could buy aluminum A arms I just broke my left front A arms on my X Maxx , I知 looking to buy new upper and lower a arms for both front and rear sets of a arms
    If you bash then avoid aluminum arms. The stock ones are pretty darn good. I bought a set of green RPM arms with their bolt kit. The Traxxas heavy duty arms is how I
    prolly would go if doing it today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Heavy duty the way to go. These are the best as of yet. They still break but far less often over stock. Stay rigid rather than floppy like an RPM.