RC poster

E-max transmission

Hi does anyone out there know if thereís an upgraded transmission for the new long wheel base e-max I keep shelling the transmission gears and would love to go steel and can not find them or I would even go. Sick to stock gearing or a complete new trans assembly but having a hard time trying to find the parts and goes anyone know if the e revo 2.0 transmission would bolt into the emax a little modification I can handle I just donít want to have to rebuild the complete truck again any help would be great thanks

https://www.google.com/search?client...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

I am also looking for parts for the privileged fun of TRAXXAS' E-MAXX rebuilds. This may help to progress your desire to do so - Slonoma650! As long as I have been looking online I have found various parts.
    Last edited by maximum; 02-18-2021 at 04:49 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Late reply but I just put an Erevo 2.0 tranny in my E-Maxx build. You will have to sand some of the plastic around the transmission cutout in the chassis to let the center diff go through, but it bolts right up.

You will need to buy the 3997x motor plate and modify it a bit to get it to fit the 2.0 tranny. You will have to re-drill 2 of the motor plate holes and drill an entirely new hole for the bottom right screw to mount to the 2.0 tranny. The center cut-out on the bottom of the 3997x motor plate will need to be rounded out some, to make it bigger so itíll fit over the plastic part that sticks out from the 2.0 tranny. Sounds like itís a lot but it took about 15 mins to modify the 3997x motor plate.

The Erevo 2.0 Cush drive also fits in the recess for the spur gear without modification.

I used the Erevo 2.0 rear center drive shaft and stock E-Maxx brushless front center drive shaft.

For motor/esc I am using the MXL6s and HPI Scream 1965kv brushless motor. I did a quick test on 4s and it works very well. Smooth power and tons of torque! Itíll wheelie in reverse [emoji23]

Iíll have to play around with gearing Iím sure, since Iím using the stock pinion/spur gearing for the Erevo 2.0. Iíll have to see how quick it is tomorrow when itís not dark out, couldnít really see to do a proper speed test.

Hope this information helps you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm just a noob

RC Qualifier
    Hereís a pic of it all installed and setup for you all. It runs really well on 4s. Currently painting up the body, will have to try and finish it up tomorrow. Itís going to look awesome.

Suspension is super plush, I bought some
    Full Force dual rate springs when I bought the big bore shocks. Might need slightly stiffer springs, running 50wt oil in all 8 shocks.

Bummed about these Revo 3.3 tires I bought off eBay. They are super unbalanced. I may end up removing them from the rims and see if itís because the foam has gone to crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm just a noob