RC Enthusiast

Counter steer mod

Is there an under drive front diff gearing option for the 4tec 2.0?
    I read that a guy used a Stamped front diff 12/47 .... Is this true, if so what is the ratio in the stock 4tec diffs?
    Last edited by awoodman; 02-17-2021 at 07:55 AM.

RC Racer
    Just curious, what would the benefit be ?

4Tec diff is 13/37.
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

Yes, the 4 Tec 2.0 diff gearing is 13/37. I think the 4 Tec 2.0 shares the same diffs as Traxxas's 4x4 lineup (other than the drive cups). Also, I think it would be cheaper and simpler to just get the ring and pinion instead of the whole diff. When you are getting the gears, make sure you are getting the gears from the brushed diffs (12/47 gearing), since the brushless diffs have the exact same ratio as stock.
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

RC Enthusiast
    From the belt drive side of things 50/50 guys discovered that you could vary the drive ratio front to rear of the car by changing out to different size pulleys. In this setup the rear wheels spin much faster than the front effectively making the car more unstable, but much more agile in tight hairpin turns or on small tight tracks. This was the birth of Counter Steer or CS as its commonly known.

Quote Originally Posted by awoodman View Post
    From the belt drive side of things 50/50 guys discovered that you could vary the drive ratio front to rear of the car by changing out to different size pulleys. In this setup the rear wheels spin much faster than the front effectively making the car more unstable, but much more agile in tight hairpin turns or on small tight tracks. This was the birth of Counter Steer or “CS” as it’s commonly known.
    That's pretty cool! Crawlers use overdrive on the front (or underdrive on the rear) to help them go up steep inclines.
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

RC Enthusiast
    I got this from a buddy quote:

Unless it's close to 3:1 front to back gear ratio difference, it's not enough. Another big key to 4wdCS drifting, is a one-way diff in the front, so the front only pulls you outta the corner.