Thread: Body mounts

RC Competitor

Body mounts

The distance between the front and rear body post seems to be shrinking. When I first got the Slash the body would drop on and I didn't have to hunt for the body posts.

Now after a few good crashes it's a bit whacked. The only obvious damage I could find was the front bash bar, which I replaced. I also noticed the rear body mounts cant forwards just a bit, which I'm assuming is not normal.

So I'm thinking the rear body mount got munched at some point. I don't see any cracks, but I'm thinking I can buy another one anyway.

Would it be worth moving to the Proline or RPM body mounts? Proline has the Secure-Lock Cap - No pins.

Thoughts?

I like Proline's Secure-Lock Cap mounting system better than the body clips (no experience with RPM mounts) because the body is held more securely (doesn't rattle around on bumpy terrain), and it does not damage the body. With the body clips, there's only a small area of contact to hold the body in place, while the secure-lock cap has more (spreads out collision forces better so the body does rip through at the holes).
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by RCWilly View Post
    I like Proline's Secure-Lock Cap mounting system better than the body clips (no experience with RPM mounts) because the body is held more securely (doesn't rattle around on bumpy terrain), and it does not damage the body. With the body clips, there's only a small area of contact to hold the body in place, while the secure-lock cap has more (spreads out collision forces better so the body does rip through at the holes).
    That's what I was thinking. It's like a washer built in.

RC Competitor
    I managed to massage the rear mounts by warming them and the body drops on much better, but the rear bumper is tight up against the body. It doesn't look bent, but I have nothing to compare to.

Has anybody mangled one of those?

RC Competitor
    I'll second the Proline mounts. I also like the height options you get with those also and in my opinion, the price is right.

Quote Originally Posted by itr1275 View Post
    I managed to massage the rear mounts by warming them and the body drops on much better, but the rear bumper is tight up against the body. It doesn't look bent, but I have nothing to compare to.

Has anybody mangled one of those?
    Mangled a rear bumper? Ive never done that. But Ive got my front one pretty tore up. My back one doesnt see too much abuse.

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

Pro-Line Racing body mounts are almost always the first modification I do to all of my trucks.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Calebs0615 View Post
    Mangled a rear bumper? Ive never done that. But Ive got my front one pretty tore up. My back one doesnt see too much abuse.

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk
    Yeah that's the weird part. It looks fine but it's a really tight fit to get the body to the inside of the bumper. I'm not sure what else it could be unless the chassis shrunk. I think the tag says don't wash in hot water.