RC Racer

Twisting Chassis?

I recently noticed that if I apply a slight clockwise twist force on the back of my revo chassis or place the back left tire on a block of wood, it tightens the gear mesh between the engine and transmission to make a grinding noise and if I apply the opposite twisting force it looses the gear mesh.

Does anyone know why It is doing this? I have gone through and made sure that no screw from the entire back half of the car is missing and that they are all tight, but it doesn't make an difference. I have also inspected the chassis for any cracks or bends, but I can't find anything.

Mine flex a bit. Are your transmission screws tight? The 4 that bolt it to the chassis? Do you have the engine bay stiffening plate? I have the M2C one on my BB revo and the 3.3 revo one on my 21TM revo.

Also, the cradle braces crack, can be hard to see cracks in those, but I break them frequently enough to keep a set on hand all the time. Wish I could find some nice billet ones vs the cast stock ones.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

RC Racer
    Transmission is tight, I'll look into the cradle braces this evening. I do need to get the engine bay stiffening plate. I almost did buy one a few months back but I got busy and forgot.

It helps the engine bay from flexing as much. The M2C one helps even more as it's thicker and bolts to the chassis with a couple more bolts if you choose to drill extra holes.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss