RC poster

NO topics on body availability??? Let me start...

What's up with the RC industry these days? Everything out of stock?

anyway...

So, bodies for the Hoss...Can't find a clear body in stock...ANY...WHERE. Don't want an OEM body.

Are there any ALTERNATIVE bodies out there? Is the truck and/or clipless body system just too new for aftermarket bodies/styles?

Frustrating...

The clipless body mounting system is a function of the shock towers.

The Hoss 4x4 shock towers can be replaced by Slash 4x4 / Stampede 4x4 shock towers, which are a direct fit, cheap, and easy to swap out. That will open up traditional body mounting methods that should allow you to use pretty much any body you want.

There may be patent issues at play which prevent 3rd party companies from releasing bodies that are directly compatible with the clipless mounting system.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BroKen624 View Post
    What's up with the RC industry these days? Everything out of stock?

anyway...

So, bodies for the Hoss...Can't find a clear body in stock...ANY...WHERE. Don't want an OEM body.

Are there any ALTERNATIVE bodies out there? Is the truck and/or clipless body system just too new for aftermarket bodies/styles?

Frustrating...
    Itís just a new model.

I am finding OEM parts for the Hoss are still hard to find so direct fit bodies and other aftermarket parts will just take time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    Rustler 4x4 now has proline after market body mounts that attach to the clipless body towers, might work for hoss too since they use the same towers and all.

RC poster
    I'd prefer to stay clipless. Anyone try to retrofit the OEM cage on an aftermarket body? Probably doable...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by BroKen624 View Post
    I'd prefer to stay clipless. Anyone try to retrofit the OEM cage on an aftermarket body? Probably doable...
    Proline makes a clip less body just for the rustler 4x4, you can probably fit it to work.

Fraser Valley, British Columbia, Canada-The Wet Coast!
    Yeah, same wheelbase, same shock towers. So, theoretically, any body that will fit a R4sty will fit a Hoss.
    Slash 2WD Vision Edition
    100+ posts, here I come!