RC Champion

Budget pavement pounder

So I decided to build a budget pavement pounding high rpm machine. I used mostly parts I have sitting around, including

-tekno m6 drive shafts with 17mm hex axles
    -castle mm2 set to 0 degree to run D wind motors
    -high speed savox 1257 servo
    -XO1 shocks
    -50t metal spur
    -aluminum motor mount from traxxas
    -QS8 connectors because why not
    -the now familiar S1 grp tires

The star of the show is the tp power 2750kv 4030 d wind motor. Max rated for 5s so on 4s with the smc batteries is a bonafide screamer at 20/50 ratio. I initially thought about a castle 1512 but the TP power motors are in my experience a lot more violently eager to rev at the expensive of some smoothness on start up. Different strokes and all that

Anyhow, here it is

Last edited by TwoBelugas; 02-20-2021 at 04:25 PM.

Great little screamer!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    Great little screamer!
    Thanks squeegie. The motor’s boat origin shows with how indiscriminate the power comes on, definitely requires a softer touch on the throttle.

RC Competitor
    A thing of beauty! The chartreuse wheels really pop against that body art. Looks mean!

RC Competitor
    Very nice! I keep telling myself I need to build a street oriented Rustler 4x4. I bet it's a blast to drive.

Fraser Valley, British Columbia, Canada-The Wet Coast!
    That's a beast! Do you know what it'll do for speed? BTW, are those wheels dyed?
    Slash 2WD Vision Edition
    100+ posts, here I come!

RC Competitor
    This post is costing me money... Just ordered some Xo1 shocks. Which rear hub carrier are you using from the Tekno kit and how is the angle of the drive shafts at that ride height?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by VisionSlash42 View Post
    That's a beast! Do you know what it'll do for speed? BTW, are those wheels dyed?
    Need to find time to stretch its legs. I suspect somewhere around 80-90 because while it is 4s and high rpm it is still a short 40mm can so not a torque monster, I mainly got it for the violent rpm building for more drag like launches

GRP wheels come in white, gray, black and yellow.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeekerOfTruth View Post
    This post is costing me money... Just ordered some Xo1 shocks. Which rear hub carrier are you using from the Tekno kit and how is the angle of the drive shafts at that ride height?
    Iím using the one that mimics the stock toe angle, driveshaft is almost level but down a few degrees. Be sure to mount the rear shocks on the inner most holes so it doesnít cause too much articulation at full compression because the tekno out drive cups donít tolerate extreme articulation as well as MIPs.

RC Competitor
    Thanks for the response. Was thinking about trying the gtr long shocks in the rear and the xo1 shocks up front. Will see once they get here.

RC Champion
    The xo1 shocks are just gtr longs in the rear, and longs with spacers inside to make the front two slightly short.

RC Competitor
    Ah, good to know.

Fraser Valley, British Columbia, Canada-The Wet Coast!
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoBelugas View Post
    Need to find time to stretch its legs. I suspect somewhere around 80-90 because while it is 4s and high rpm it is still a short 40mm can so not a torque monster, I mainly got it for the violent rpm building for more drag like launches

GRP wheels come in white, gray, black and yellow.

I’m using the one that mimics the stock toe angle, driveshaft is almost level but down a few degrees. Be sure to mount the rear shocks on the inner most holes so it doesn’t cause too much articulation at full compression because the tekno out drive cups don’t tolerate extreme articulation as well as MIPs.
    Ah, thanks! I've only ever seen the GRPs in black.
    Slash 2WD Vision Edition
    100+ posts, here I come!