RC poster

Extended Chassis Questions

Hi guys it's been awhile since I've been on here....I apologize. I have a question I have a Emaxx started as a 2.5 Tmaxx then converted to a 3.3 with an OS .21 TM. Now I've gotten tired of the nitro and found an old 1rst Gen Emaxx 2 speed trans with RRP steel gear and aluminum case. I've got it on my T/Emaxx with new steel driveshafts.... didn't realize the 3.3 had a smaller diameter hub on the trans side.... its now locked in 2nd and I've got a castle mamba monster x with a 1515 1Y 4 pole motor running 6s 100C lipos. Truck is a monster for sure I've got a 22T pinion and a 64T spur and it pulls the wheels at will.

Problem I have is it's squirley and since it's on a classic tmaxx chassis it's short, but being think aluminum durable. I've been thinking about buying and extended chassis for it but they are all plastic which is fine if it's durable, but I've put a lot of money in aftermarket parts and I would like to know I they will all fit on an extended chassis ie braces, servo mounts, bulkheads, shock towers, and all the suspension.

If anyone has done this or seen it done please advise. Thank you.

PS- Here's some pics of it over the year.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Fast Lane Machine E-Maxx (3905/3908) Extended Chassis will have to be searched out. The aluminum chassis is more expensive now as well and can be observed though:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FAST-LANE-M...kAAOSwXrpfYW7U

An Aluminum E-Maxx - VMaxx Chassis at R C Monster can be check out even while it is not available at
    :

https://www.rc-monster.com/proddetai...hassis_-_VMaxx

I trust this info helps to progress your hobby due to your researching.
    Last edited by maximum; 02-22-2021 at 03:08 AM.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by maximum View Post
    Fast Lane Machine E-Maxx (3905/3908) Extended Chassis will have to be searched out. The aluminum chassis is more expensive now as well and can be observed though:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FAST-LANE-M...kAAOSwXrpfYW7U

An Aluminum E-Maxx - VMaxx Chassis at R C Monster can be check out even while it is not available at
    :

https://www.rc-monster.com/proddetai...hassis_-_VMaxx

I trust this info helps to progress your hobby due to your researching.
    Yes sir that helps some. I've seen the fast leave chassis previously. How's the Traxxas extended chassis? Will my parts switch over to it?

Does this further assist your progression with the rebuild?:

https://www.amazon.com/Traxxas-3922A...a-571800096703
    https://rchobbyexplosion.com/traxxas...yABEgL73_D_BwE

and,

https://www.hiawathahobbies.com/Trax...e_p_17195.html

All I have done thus far, is to keep searching carefully and thoroughly, which has progressed me in locating parts. I also trust you will accomplish your desire to do so as well sir.
    Last edited by maximum; 02-26-2021 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TwiztidDevil View Post
    Hi guys it's been awhile since I've been on here....I apologize. I have a question I have a Emaxx started as a 2.5 Tmaxx then converted to a 3.3 with an OS .21 TM. Now I've gotten tired of the nitro and found an old 1rst Gen Emaxx 2 speed trans with RRP steel gear and aluminum case. I've got it on my T/Emaxx with new steel driveshafts.... didn't realize the 3.3 had a smaller diameter hub on the trans side.... its now locked in 2nd and I've got a castle mamba monster x with a 1515 1Y 4 pole motor running 6s 100C lipos. Truck is a monster for sure I've got a 22T pinion and a 64T spur and it pulls the wheels at will.

Problem I have is it's squirley and since it's on a classic tmaxx chassis it's short, but being think aluminum durable. I've been thinking about buying and extended chassis for it but they are all plastic which is fine if it's durable, but I've put a lot of money in aftermarket parts and I would like to know I they will all fit on an extended chassis ie braces, servo mounts, bulkheads, shock towers, and all the suspension.

If anyone has done this or seen it done please advise. Thank you.

PS- Here's some pics of it over the year.

This doesnít really answer your question but Iím assuming when your truck was still a nitro, how come you have the directional tread on your talons going the wrong way on your back tires?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    This doesnít really answer your question but Iím assuming when your truck was still a nitro, how come you have the directional tread on your talons going the wrong way on your back tires?

I just wasn't paying attention at that point I'd just put a bunch of upgrades on it including the tires. As it turned out I also had the rear diff upside down causing the rears to spin in reverse while the fronts went forward

Quote Originally Posted by TwiztidDevil View Post
    I just wasn't paying attention at that point I'd just put a bunch of upgrades on it including the tires. As it turned out I also had the rear diff upside down causing the rears to spin in reverse while the fronts went forward

Dang it....lol.

My vote is for you to get the stock chassis from Amazon. (IMO) 20 bucks is a lot more doable than those high priced metal ones.
    Life's to short to be a sour puss.

Well,

I am looking forward to seeing how you will advance in this TRAXXAS E-MAXX hobby! It is absolute fun to do so.

And, as ReglarGuy has written to you is why the stock chassis will assist you more so than others; considering they are yet available at an excellent price - sir!!
    Last edited by maximum; 02-27-2021 at 06:27 PM.

Twizty, you're going to want to listen to Max. He is a very wise man. So much so, that if he would of been born 2,021 years ago, he'd of been the forth wise man. No, he wouldn't of brought gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh; but he would of brought hard to find Emaxx parts (which we all know is the worlds 2nd greatest treasure).
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 03-01-2021 at 04:20 AM.
    Life's to short to be a sour puss.

RC poster
    Thank you guys for the help. I really do appreciate it. I think I'm going to go with the plastic extended chassis as it is by far cheaper and easier to find. I will post some pics when I get it ordered.