RC poster

replace trx 3030x charger

I have lost my charger used for my revo 3.3, as it is now discontinued what charger can i buy to charge the battery? https://traxxas.com/products/parts/b...at-23A-1200mAh

Iím pretty sure this is what comes with the new ones that I know works because Iíve got one myself but youíll need this too if you wanna be able to use it in your house. I donít know why this doesnít show up as an available part for the Revo 3.3.

I donít know why the heck Traxxas decided to do this and go opposite with their new chargers from their old ones. Iíve had my older Revo over 10 years that had the older 1 amp charger like what you probably lost, that came with the AC adapter to where the cigarette lighter adapter was optional equipment and the only time I ever had to charge my batteries from my vehicle I just used my cheap little Craftsman 200w AC/DC converter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by corneileous; 02-22-2021 at 01:29 PM.

Oh yeah and whether you still use your easy start or not, youíll need this too to charge your receiver battery.

Or get a non trx charger that comes with what you need:
    https://www.amazon.com/ARCELI-Batter.../dp/B07TCG8FNB
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

Quote Originally Posted by olds97_lss View Post
    Or get a non trx charger that comes with what you need:
    https://www.amazon.com/ARCELI-Batter.../dp/B07TCG8FNB
    Thatís a nice charger but I wasnít sure if we were able to recommend stuff from other manufacturers.

Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    That’s a nice charger but I wasn’t sure if we were able to recommend stuff from other manufacturers.

Forgot where I was and didn't think of that.

Thatís a nice charger but I wasnít sure if we were able to recommend stuff from other manufacturers.

If that was the case, then we'd be killing every link to RPM, SMC, Tower Hobbies, Amain, et al.

Point #11:
    Quote Originally Posted by rules
    11. Linking to online retailers. Posting links to online retailers is permitted ONLY as a means of identifying a product or part so users can better understand which part(s) you use or recommend. If you are identifying a Traxxas part, link to www.buytraxxas.com to identify it. Links to promotions or contests are not permitted. Linking to online stores solely for the purpose of indicating where to find the lowest price is not permitted and is not the purpose of this forum. Note: Traxxas does not permit links to certain retailers. Links to these retailers will appear starred-out. Review your post and delete any starred out links. Updated 12/30/2011
    The Super Derecho

Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    If that was the case, then we'd be killing every link to RPM, SMC, Tower Hobbies, Amain, et al.

Point #11:
    Thanks for the refresher.

Point #11:
    Well I guess thatís just still a little bit confusing to me because I thought the whole point of a Traxxas web forum was only for talking about Traxxas vehicles and Traxxas parts, not necessarily where you can also buy Traxxas stuff... or well, I thought thatís what Traxxas thought, anyways. I mean, no matter how silly it is that they make you buy a separate AC/DC adapter to run a cigarette lighter charger they give you for free when you guy some of their particular RCís, it doesnít make sense to be able to tell a person on here that thereís much better choices out there thatíll charge pretty much anything rather than having to spend money on something just to use a corporate charger.

But look, Iím not trying to be difficult, Iím just not sure whatís allowed and what isnít. I know you posted part of the rules but like, if someone asked what the best tires was for the Traxxas _________, are we allowed to say tires from proline are much better and what you want? Same thing with non-Lipo batteries and their respective chargers- is it ok to do essentially what oldls said, or is that forbidden? Because to say..... If that was the case, then we'd be killing every link to RPM, SMC, Tower Hobbies, Amain, et al...... that doesnít make sense because unlike RPM and Proline, Tower Hobbies and AMain sell Traxxas stuff.

I wish I woulda seen that charger you linked because if I woulda went that route, I wouldnít have bought the Dynamite charger I bought first, and then later bought the Traxxas charger I linked and the AC/DC adapter later on. I only wanted to move away from the older 1 amp charger that originally came with my Revo but I didnít pay attention to the fact that the Dynamite charger I bought isnít compatible with anything less than 6-cell batteries and my RX battery is a 5-cell 6V battery.

But look, I’m not trying to be difficult, I’m just not sure what’s allowed and what isn’t. I know you posted part of the rules but like, if someone asked what the best tires was for the Traxxas _________, are we allowed to say tires from proline are much better and what you want? Same thing with non-Lipo batteries and their respective chargers

Some think Traxxas tires are best. Others have the opinion that Pro-Line are. Or Duratrax.

is it ok to do essentially what oldls said, or is that forbidden?

If it was forbidden then you wouldn't be reading it.

The purpose of the Traxxas Online Community is to provide a place, free of charge, where Traxxas fans can exchange tips, tricks, ideas, information, and help other members. They can brag about their vehicle and share their enthusiasm for the hobby with others. Some of the benefits of the board include the ability to get help from other board members at all hours, a place to sell used Traxxas items, a place to make friends with similar interests, and the ability to find other Traxxas owners close by.
    Last edited by Double G; 02-23-2021 at 12:35 PM.
    The Super Derecho

I wish I woulda seen that charger you linked because if I woulda went that route, I wouldnít have bought the Dynamite charger I bought first, and then later bought the Traxxas charger I linked and the AC/DC adapter later on. I only wanted to move away from the older 1 amp charger that originally came with my Revo but I didnít pay attention to the fact that the Dynamite charger I bought isnít compatible with anything less than 6-cell batteries and my RX battery is a 5-cell 6V battery.

I have an old MRC 959 superbrain AC/DC that I use for NiMH stuff. Been using that thing for 10+ years. Works for 1-8 cells with a range of .5-4.5Amps.

When I started lipo, I had the traxxas dual id charger which did 2x4A, but it took too long on my 9000mah packs I was running at the time and I got a dynamite 4x100/4x10A that I used for a couple years. I later got a used hitec d7 2x20A/2x200W charger. It worked great for a year or so, then started having balancing issues. I replaced it with a 24V 70A PSU I built out of server PSU's and 2 revolectrix GT500 (20A/500W) chargers. I use those to do parallel charging with 3S and 4S packs. But I still use the 4x100w dynamite for my 3S 5000mah packs.

The MRC keeps chugging along though. I use it to charge pretty much all my NiMH LSD AA's in the house using 2/4/6/8 cell holders as well as my glow heaters and receiver packs. Can still find the 959 and 960 on ebay pretty cheap. Very basic charger, but gets the job done.

Some think Traxxas tires are best. Others have the opinion that Pro-Line are. Or Duratrax.
    That wasnít my point which brand tires are better, it was merely recommending someone.... on a Traxxas site.... to something not Traxxas, to a non-Traxxas site.

If it was forbidden then you wouldn't be reading it.
    Fair enough.

So itís ok to link to other online stores for non-Traxxas parts? I mean, if it was just something that was merely edited out of a comment and left at that then thatís fine, I was just more/less concerned with getting another infraction.

Last edited by corneileous; 02-23-2021 at 01:27 PM.

I have an old MRC 959 superbrain AC/DC that I use for NiMH stuff. Been using that thing for 10+ years. Works for 1-8 cells with a range of .5-4.5Amps.

When I started lipo, I had the traxxas dual id charger which did 2x4A, but it took too long on my 9000mah packs I was running at the time and I got a dynamite 4x100/4x10A that I used for a couple years. I later got a used hitec d7 2x20A/2x200W charger. It worked great for a year or so, then started having balancing issues. I replaced it with a 24V 70A PSU I built out of server PSU's and 2 revolectrix GT500 (20A/500W) chargers. I use those to do parallel charging with 3S and 4S packs. But I still use the 4x100w dynamite for my 3S 5000mah packs.

The MRC keeps chugging along though. I use it to charge pretty much all my NiMH LSD AA's in the house using 2/4/6/8 cell holders as well as my glow heaters and receiver packs. Can still find the 959 and 960 on ebay pretty cheap. Very basic charger, but gets the job done.
    Nice.

I donít mind the new updated Traxxas charger, I made it a lot simpler by deleting the long cords and the female/male cigarette lighter plugs, and just zip tied it all to a short wooden 2x4 block of wood and, it works great. I really only use it for my RX batteries but I dunno, I guess in the meantime until I decide to get me a better all-around charger, Iím gonna have to build me an incandescent lightbulb contraption like Iíve seen online to every now and then completely fully discharge the batteries like I can on my Dynamite charger with my EZ start batteries.