RC Racer

Base Mods, what to get?

So far I've added a chassis brace and I believe a 400 servo & servo saver. I run 6S as well. All traxxas parts.

Besides these, what should I upgrade? I ask because it seemed like every time I made a run something broke. The pivot balls seem to constantly loosen, besides loctite and tape, what can alleviate this? I've also wanted to get the limiting straps. Maybe lights?

RC Enthusiast
    The talking about the 2.0?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Erevs View Post
    The talking about the 2.0?

Indeed I am

Really you have all that is needed. Perhaps a yeah racing heat sink and fan. And a motor temp sensor. If using the link app.

If keep pulling push rod ends perhaps suspension straps

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidic01 View Post
    Really you have all that is needed. Perhaps a yeah racing heat sink and fan. And a motor temp sensor. If using the link app.

If keep pulling push rod ends perhaps suspension straps

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Yes, I also have the Bluetooth transmitter. I forgot about that.

Is there a solution for the pivot balls constantly loosening?

The limiting straps do nothing on the 2.0?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Live2Fish88 View Post
    So far I've added a chassis brace and I believe a 400 servo & servo saver. I run 6S as well. All traxxas parts.

Besides these, what should I upgrade? I ask because it seemed like every time I made a run something broke. The pivot balls seem to constantly loosen, besides loctite and tape, what can alleviate this? I've also wanted to get the limiting straps. Maybe lights?
    Bluetooth module and rear chassis brace (cheap insurance).

Ive added limiting straps and some new links but that can wait until breakage before replacing. After I did those mods I've run my erevo probably a 10-12 times no breaks. I don't do huge(launch it over a house) jumps but definitely what I would call medium size jumps. I bash it pretty hard. Its been strong as ****.

I stopped jumping it where I would land on pavement. Land in the grass/dirt you will save a lot of breaks that way.

I think its a great RC.

Most times it's the pivot ball caps being too tight that causes the pivot balls to unscrew from the a-arms.

RC Racer
    Never use loctite on plastic. It will crystallize the plastic. Loosen your retainer caps a tiny bit. That should help. A sway bar set will help handling tremendously.

I find your lack of teepee disturbing.

RC Enthusiast
    Spot on what Darth said about loosening the pivot ball caps and if you are still having that issue then put a small, small, small dot of glue on the threads to act as loctite. Traxxas really did a great job of fixing the weak points when they rolled out the 2.0.
    If I'm being nitpicky the only thing I'd want to see different on the 3.0 is a larger shock, both stroke and bore. That'd give me more to tinker with. Lol

RC Competitor
    I did the 8619X blue heavy duty push rods. Along with limiting straps. I never had a problem with the rod ends, but did these upgrades pre-emptivly to avoid having it happen. Also have done pretty much everything else everyone mentioned. Rear chassis brace, single servo upgrade, heatsink with fans, motor temp sensor/voltage sensor. Bt module. And I plan to get the steel center drive shafts by the time spring hits.
    Last edited by Mlmf; 02-22-2021 at 05:10 PM.

You can also use teflon thread tape on the pivot balls and pivot ball caps if they loosen on you.
    https://www.amazon.com/Dixon-Valve-T.../dp/B003D7K8E0

Just a wrap or two should snug things up and keep them from working loose as easily. I use that on my pivot ball caps as they would work loose, but haven't needed it for the pivot balls themselves.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mlmf View Post
    I did the 8619X blue heavy duty push rods. Along with limiting straps. I never had a problem with the rod ends, but did these upgrades pre-emptivly to avoid having it happen. Also have done pretty much everything else everyone mentioned. Rear chassis brace, single servo upgrade, heatsink with fans, motor temp sensor/voltage sensor. Bt module. And I plan to get the steel center drive shafts by the time spring hits.
    Oh yes, I did the steel drive shaft as well. I destroyed the plastic one.