RC poster

Traxxas Rally 1/10 VR46 Velineon VXL-3S & 3500KV and chassis upgrades

Hi,
    New to the Forum.
    I have the X-Maxx 8S, Arrma Typhon V5 6S, Slash 2WD VXL, Team Associated RC10B64 and GLR 1/28 Track, but I wanted a nice scale RC.

So I ordered the 1/10 VR46 Rally Fiesta and I will install a spare Velineon VXL-3S/3500KV combo that I have.

There are many ideas on Youtube of what's the right way to go for a brushless setup, but I mainly bought this because I wanted a scale body (the Fiesta is just <3) and I will not bash it around in an extreme way.

I want it to be able to reach the 50mph range, without having to rebuild the whole car.

Here's what I hope to settle with and I hope that you can confirm that these are the items to go for:
    Traxxas 6878 Slipper clutch for brushless 3S setup
    Traxxas 3956R spur 54T 32Pitch (metal gear?)
    Traxxas 6843R spur 52T 32Pitch (metal gear?)
    Traxxas 6842R spur 50T 32Pitch (metal gear?)
    Traxxas 5862 shocks and springs
    Traxxas 6898 sway bars Slash 4x4

Which pinion gearing shall I go for, to reach that 50mph marker and still have durability?

I've seen 22T/73T and 83T/22T and I want to have metal for both spur and pinion!

Thanking you in anticipation
    Janne

RC poster
    Evening Janne,

Last month I got the VR46 and upgraded using the same Velineon combo. I fitted and am still running the 6878(slipper clutch) and 3943(pinion) parts so interested to hear how you find the other options. I've also fitted the sway bars but not had the opportunity to run them yet.

Really enjoying running the Fiesta on 3s so enjoy your new purchase when it arrives!

RC poster
    I've received the parts, but the car comes on Monday.
    Will try it out on the brushed setup first with the 30mph gearing and 2S LiPo, to see how it feels and have something to compare with over the new suspension components.

Will let you know once it's triad out.
    X-Maxx 8S, Slash 2WD VXL, Rally VXL VR46 1/10.

RC poster
    Fantastic, Have fun tomorrow!

RC poster
    VXL-3S and 3500KV motor in place, sway bars, Traxxas shocks/springs upgrade, slipper clutch upgrade, 16T 32P pinion and 54T spur gear and TSM receiver and radio. Runs really nice!

Will try out 18T pinion and 52T spur...

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Janne Traxxas View Post
    VXL-3S and 3500KV motor in place, sway bars, Traxxas shocks/springs upgrade, slipper clutch upgrade, 16T 32P pinion and 54T spur gear and TSM receiver and radio. Runs really nice!

Will try out 18T pinion and 52T spur...
    Nice! What did you go for with the shocks/springs combo?

RC poster
    Traxxas 5862

RC Enthusiast
    i have hit 42 mph on 3s battery with the 12t pinion and the traxxas slash slipper. the stock rally tires baloon andits a beast trying to maintain grip to hit that speed. 15 t pinion should hit 50 easy