RC poster

New Hoss - Tire Delamination - Traxxas Support

So after a couple of NORMAL runs my son's tires began coming unglued (2). I contacted support and after some conversation they ("Theodore") agreed to order me two new tires and send them to me. He said they were out of stock and he had no idea when they'd be in but that the order was in. That was a month ago.

I contacted him about 2 weeks ago and he replied with a short "I don't have an ETA".

This past Monday (a month later) I asked him again for an update...no response as of this moment, two days later.

Anyone else feeling like Traxxas support has gone downhill? They used to bend over backwards (not that I'm asking for that)...but now it seems like I'm just bothering them, a far cry from previous experience.

By the way, I glued the tires (properly) but they still keep coming unglued.

Flame on

RC Enthusiast
    Traxxas support has always gone the extra mile for me, my sledgehammers are starting to come unglued too after my last run in the snow, but in my case I feel like it was kinda expected with no traction at high rpms so I will take it as my fault, its not bad but if I squeeze them I hear air coming from the bead from 3 out of the 4 tires. As the out of stock on sledgehammers its true I waited 2 months to get my hands on 2 sets of (6792) with black rims and thats the more common color. The factory Hoss black chrome (9072) is still out of stock if you look on the site. We are living in a whole new world with COVID anything goes wrong that is the excuse anymore...that and right now Im sure they are still recovering from that cold temps and power outages they had 2 weeks ago, I just got my tracking # on a order I made Feb 13 that I paid 3 day shipping on lol but you know, weather and COVID.

I have not got the impression that Traxxas support has gone downhill. They only have so much control over global supply issues, and because this is a new vehicle, there probably isn't much existing stock compared to older vehicles.

I would just do yourself a favor and get a set of 3rd party tires. If your tires are coming unglued, they are probably ballooning. The center diff in the Hoss can send torque to the front tires in what might seem like an odd way, and really spin those front tires. Get a set of 2.8" Belted Trenchers IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by BroKen624 View Post
    By the way, I glued the tires (properly) but they still keep coming unglued.

Flame on
    With the addition of (properly) I am guessing you didn't just add more glue and pushed the tire back in place. You must of removed all the original glue and fully cleaned and denatured the rubber and rim. Then applied glue and let them set for a full 24 hours each time.

I commend you for such diligence and effort just so you could properly use the adjective (properly).

And I completely understand. Things that are completely out of Traxxas customer service control have affected your opinion of them. It is their fault the glue failed even tho they don't make the item and they should of done more than offer you a free replacement at the soonest possible time. Global pandemics should not have any effect on their ability to force other companies and suppliers to bend to your will. Because customers of your caliber are to be respected and revered.

Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    With the addition of (properly) I am guessing you didn't just add more glue and pushed the tire back in place. You must of removed all the original glue and fully cleaned and denatured the rubber and rim. Then applied glue and let them set for a full 24 hours each time.

I commend you for such diligence and effort just so you could properly use the adjective (properly).

And I completely understand. Things that are completely out of Traxxas customer service control have affected your opinion of them. It is their fault the glue failed even tho they don't make the item and they should of done more than offer you a free replacement at the soonest possible time. Global pandemics should not have any effect on their ability to force other companies and suppliers to bend to your will. Because customers of your caliber are to be respected and revered.
    Wow you really went out of your way to make one of the most obnoxiously sarcastic, least helpful posts I've seen on here in a while. I'm sure your valuable contribution to the community is much appreciated.

I don't agree with the OP throwing Traxxas under the bus, but frustration at having an early failure is still understandable.
    Last edited by GotNoRice; 02-28-2021 at 02:16 PM.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by GotNoRice View Post
    I don't agree with the OP throwing Traxxas under the bus, but frustration at having an early failure is still understandable.
    I was mainly frustrated with no response...even though he probably had no new information. Don't even care anymore...I was able to get the tires to stick

RC poster

Lol who have you been listening to? All you need is Elmer's Glue or scotch tape...either one works just fine.

Also thanks for the kind words! I'm not really worthy of your adoration though...*blush*

RC Enthusiast
    I just bought a new Hoss also. When I get a new vehicle or new tires I always add glue to the tire beads due to problems in the past. This truck seems to be really durable . I slammed it into a few things at high speeds a few times with no damage. This is a wheelie machine . Seems like alot of torque but lacking top speed . May need to change the gearing. The wheelie bar is horrible.It is flimsy and not positioned properly just like the one on my Rustler 4x4 VLX. . Truck just wants to flip instead of ride a wheelie. Overall I really like it.