Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 50
  1. #1
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Hammonton Nj
    Posts
    1,316

    3.8 traxxas Wheels with Arrma Dboots 3.8 tires ?

    Hello, Does anyone know if the Arrma Dboot tires fit on the traxxas 3.8 wheels ? the ones that come on the E Revo 2.O ? , They are both 3.8 size

  2. #2
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Hammonton Nj
    Posts
    1,316

    These wheels


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    RC Qualifier ThatTraxxas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    329
    Personally I’m on iPad and I don’t think tapatalk is nessisary. The screen is so big.
    1/16 E-Revo VXL, Bandit XL-5 Just Gonna Send It!!

  4. #4
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Hammonton Nj
    Posts
    1,316
    I’m also on an Ipad , taptalk is the only way to post pics , do you know another way, if so please help me out , it is kinda a pain to use two different apps just to post

  5. #5
    Marshal Double G's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,333
    Traxxas has what is called "Traxxas-style" bead which fits into the recess of the rims. Note that other tires and rims do not have this. Pro-line still has a few of their tires that will fit onto Traxxas rims.
    The Super Derecho

  6. #6
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. olds97_lss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Dekalb, IL
    Posts
    3,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Traxxas has what is called "Traxxas-style" bead which fits into the recess of the rims. Note that other tires and rims do not have this. Pro-line still has a few of their tires that will fit onto Traxxas rims.
    Do you mean just the 1/8th buggy style bead vs the MT/ST style bead? Pretty sure the arrma tires have the 1/8th buggy style bead on them. Hard to tell for sure since every photo I can find of just the tire is a stock CGI photo vs an actual photo. But, considering this is what the wheel looks like (easier to see on the CGI photo), if the OD of the bead is the same, then it should work.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

  7. #7
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Hammonton Nj
    Posts
    1,316
    Thanks for the help everyone, the beads look the same on the pics , I ll see what happens, wish me luck

  8. #8
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. olds97_lss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Dekalb, IL
    Posts
    3,704
    If you buy them, let us know. I wouldn't mind a set of the backflip LP's on 3.8 geodes/revo2.0 wheels to try on my stampede 4x4.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

  9. #9
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Hammonton Nj
    Posts
    1,316
    ok, I just want something I can tape since 6s makes everything balloon like mad , I may just get the 3.8 traxxas chevrons I know those fit for sure too

  10. #10
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. olds97_lss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Dekalb, IL
    Posts
    3,704
    I wrap mine with 500lb cored kevlar cord. Otherwise they blow right off the rims. I didn't do it once with my 3.8 trenchers on my savage flux after switching to 6S and they made it about 2 minutes before both front tires blew off the bead. Prior to that, I ran 4S in my 6S trucks and didn't have a problem. Now regardless what tire I run on my 6S trucks, I wrap them. Even if it isn't in a straight line, it still works well.

    Backflips:


    Talon EXT:


    Trencher 3.8:


    Those I wrapped with 3 or 4 wraps of 70lb, but it would get cut easily in rocky areas, so I replaced it with the 500lb cored stuff. It holds up much better.

    Even ran some traxxas t-maxx tires for a while on my outcast with 6s and wrapped those too:
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

  11. #11
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Hammonton Nj
    Posts
    1,316
    Cool I'll try that !

  12. #12
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Hammonton Nj
    Posts
    1,316
    Do you think Gorilla tape would hold up to 6s? Taping seems less work intensive , It did work on my 2.2 tires on 4S but these big tires are a different animal

  13. #13
    RC Qualifier ThatTraxxas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    329
    Quote Originally Posted by Role View Post
    I’m also on an Ipad , taptalk is the only way to post pics , do you know another way, if so please help me out , it is kinda a pain to use two different apps just to post
    You can use (below) and when you take a screenshot how it puts the pic in bottom left? Click that and you can crop it or scribble on it etc.
    https://imgbb.com/
    1/16 E-Revo VXL, Bandit XL-5 Just Gonna Send It!!

  14. #14
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. olds97_lss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Dekalb, IL
    Posts
    3,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Role View Post
    Do you think Gorilla tape would hold up to 6s? Taping seems less work intensive , It did work on my 2.2 tires on 4S but these big tires are a different animal
    I tried tape many many years ago and it worked, until it didn't. Then the tape got balled up inside the tire making it useless and severely out of balance. That was with nitro that ran less than 40mph. Could have been the tape, or I just wasn't diligent enough at cleaning the tire or something. I never tried tape again.

    Wrapping string around the tire, tying a knot, CA'ing the knot and putting a drop of CA glue every inch or so wasn't overly intensive. Less so than unmounting the tire, cleaning up the residual glue, taping, reassembling and regluing.

    I use a multi-wrap single knot like this:


    Usually 3-4 twists for the knot and only 1 wrap of the cord around the tire. I just used a usb cord as an example as it shows the knot really well.

    Pull it snug, situate the cord between the lugs, pull it snug again, then glue the entire knot to itself. Then a drop of glue every other lug or so so the string still does it's job even if it breaks, but not so much glue that it's a real pain to remove and redo when needed.

    Some use large rubber o-rings, others use fishing line. I use 500lb kevlar braided cored that has a core in it.

    https://www.amazon.com/emma-kites-Ac.../dp/B01AZBSI0M

    Guess it's listed as "550lb cored" now in the drop down.
    Last edited by olds97_lss; 02-26-2021 at 10:25 AM.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

  15. #15
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Hammonton Nj
    Posts
    1,316
    Thanks for all the info!

  16. #16
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. olds97_lss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Dekalb, IL
    Posts
    3,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Role View Post
    Thanks for all the info!
    No problem. I've been running tires like that for over a year on my ERBEv2 and outcast on 6S without issue. Lots of WOT backflips and WOT flat out runs. The outcast is geared a bit taller and goes 50-55 (maybe more... not sure anymore), the ERBEv2 is probably 45-50. I have backfips on the outcast now, the trenchers were too much weight for the diffs. The ERBEv2 still has the wrapped trenchers as does my savage flux HP. I rarely drive the savage though, only have a few 6S runs on it with the 3.8 trenchers wrapped. The ERBEv2 and outcast get the majority of my time. I think so far, I've only broken one of the 500lb cords. Was running in an area that had sharp rocks stuck in the dirt. Otherwise, I usually run on grass or concrete. Since the cord is down in the treads, it doesn't touch the ground much, unless I land on something pointy.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

  17. #17
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Hammonton Nj
    Posts
    1,316
    Well guys the dboots fit the e revo wheels perfect


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #18
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Hammonton Nj
    Posts
    1,316
    I just need to gorilla tape them , I hope they dont balloon too bad on 6s
    The stock tires weight about 238 grams , these are about 265 , not really much more weight
    Last edited by Role; 03-02-2021 at 05:37 PM.

  19. #19
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. olds97_lss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Dekalb, IL
    Posts
    3,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Role View Post
    Well guys the dboots fit the e revo wheels perfect


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice! Good to know!
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

  20. #20
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Role View Post
    Well guys the dboots fit the e revo wheels perfect


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Role, are these the 4s LP or 6s backflip tires? It would be great to learn/see the diameter of that combo.

    Iím in the market for new wheels as one had a run in with a car. The sidewalls of my existing tires are pitted and worn so Iím not sure they are worth the effort of moving over.

    Thanks


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  21. #21
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Hammonton Nj
    Posts
    1,316
    4s verion just over 6 inches, about 1/2 inch taller and 1/2 inch wider than stock tires
    Last edited by Role; 03-02-2021 at 06:22 PM.

  22. #22
    RC Qualifier corneileous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    377
    Quote Originally Posted by olds97_lss View Post
    I tried tape many many years ago and it worked, until it didn't. Then the tape got balled up inside the tire making it useless and severely out of balance. That was with nitro that ran less than 40mph. Could have been the tape, or I just wasn't diligent enough at cleaning the tire or something. I never tried tape again.

    Wrapping string around the tire, tying a knot, CA'ing the knot and putting a drop of CA glue every inch or so wasn't overly intensive. Less so than unmounting the tire, cleaning up the residual glue, taping, reassembling and regluing.

    I use a multi-wrap single knot like this:


    Usually 3-4 twists for the knot and only 1 wrap of the cord around the tire. I just used a usb cord as an example as it shows the knot really well.

    Pull it snug, situate the cord between the lugs, pull it snug again, then glue the entire knot to itself. Then a drop of glue every other lug or so so the string still does it's job even if it breaks, but not so much glue that it's a real pain to remove and redo when needed.

    Some use large rubber o-rings, others use fishing line. I use 500lb kevlar braided cored that has a core in it.

    https://www.amazon.com/emma-kites-Ac.../dp/B01AZBSI0M

    Guess it's listed as "550lb cored" now in the drop down.
    Dang it, reading this kinda all the sudden makes me wish I hadnít ran a strip of the regular ole duck brand duct tape in my tires when I glued my 5.75 inch Talons to my new geode wheels last night. I watched a video and used a piece of 220 grit sand paper to rough the rubber up and then cleaned it really good with alcohol so, weíll see anyways. Iíd rather not but Iíve gotten pretty good at ungluing tires....lol.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  23. #23
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Hammonton Nj
    Posts
    1,316
    Tires this big need to be strapped for sure , the gorilla tape works great

  24. #24
    RC Qualifier corneileous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    377
    Quote Originally Posted by Role View Post
    Well guys the dboots fit the e revo wheels perfect


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Whatís the size of those tires? I still got a set of the Traxxas 5.75 chevron T Maxx tires that I can use for something but maybe those may be something to consider.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  25. #25
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. olds97_lss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Dekalb, IL
    Posts
    3,704
    Quote Originally Posted by jjRC View Post
    Role, are these the 4s LP or 6s backflip tires? It would be great to learn/see the diameter of that combo.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LP's, you can see it on the side.

    FYI, this is LP vs standard MT, both fit on the same 3.8" wheel:
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

  26. #26
    RC Qualifier Rocketzx1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    648
    Quote Originally Posted by jjRC View Post
    Role, are these the 4s LP or 6s backflip tires? It would be great to learn/see the diameter of that combo.

    Iím in the market for new wheels as one had a run in with a car. The sidewalls of my existing tires are pitted and worn so Iím not sure they are worth the effort of moving over.

    Thanks


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Says LP, so they are the 4s version.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  27. #27
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    22
    Ok thanks. Could not make out the LP on my phone... time for a bigger screen!

    The comparison between the 4s and 6s model is interesting. Looks like they line up well for Traxxas 4s for Maxx and 6s for Erevo.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  28. #28
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Hammonton Nj
    Posts
    1,316
    It sounds like you can't really tape the inside of backflips - they have ridges in them - I'll have to fishing line them I guess - what do you guys think?

  29. #29
    RC Qualifier Rocketzx1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    648
    Quote Originally Posted by Role View Post
    It sounds like you can't really tape the inside of backflips - they have ridges in them - I'll have to fishing line them I guess - what do you guys think?
    Iíve ran the LP backflips on my Erevo on 6s, they didnít balloon too bad. I only ran them a few times though, to test em out.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  30. #30
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Hammonton Nj
    Posts
    1,316
    I guess I just won't go crazy gluing the fishing line on - Maybe just a few spots

  31. #31
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Hammonton Nj
    Posts
    1,316
    Has anyone tried using thin industrial velcro strips , This is light weight and can be easily replaced if one snaps off , just add a few drops of ca glue

  32. #32
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Nitronaught's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    19,558
    Quote Originally Posted by olds97_lss View Post
    I tried tape many many years ago and it worked, until it didn't. Then the tape got balled up inside the tire making it useless and severely out of balance. That was with nitro that ran less than 40mph. Could have been the tape, or I just wasn't diligent enough at cleaning the tire or something. I never tried tape again.

    Wrapping string around the tire, tying a knot, CA'ing the knot and putting a drop of CA glue every inch or so wasn't overly intensive. Less so than unmounting the tire, cleaning up the residual glue, taping, reassembling and regluing.

    I use a multi-wrap single knot like this:


    Usually 3-4 twists for the knot and only 1 wrap of the cord around the tire. I just used a usb cord as an example as it shows the knot really well.

    Pull it snug, situate the cord between the lugs, pull it snug again, then glue the entire knot to itself. Then a drop of glue every other lug or so so the string still does it's job even if it breaks, but not so much glue that it's a real pain to remove and redo when needed.

    Some use large rubber o-rings, others use fishing line. I use 500lb kevlar braided cored that has a core in it.

    https://www.amazon.com/emma-kites-Ac.../dp/B01AZBSI0M

    Guess it's listed as "550lb cored" now in the drop down.
    IF you follow this tutorial I bet the tape holds up..... Your tap rolled up cause it was not sticking well, in my tutorial it will state to scuff your insides of your tires and clean them with denatured alcohol before applying. I raced Truggy and Monster Truck for a few years, other drivers would pay me to mount them... I guess it worked for them and it definitely worked for me... https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...=Tire+mounting
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

  33. #33
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. olds97_lss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Dekalb, IL
    Posts
    3,704
    How does that hold up to water? I vent my tires so water can get out because water always gets in since I bash in snow and wet grass very often.

    Regardless, still easier to wrap externally than to deglue/wrap with tape/remount. It's been a looooong time since I bought unmounted tires.

    Also, adding a couple wraps of duct tape/gorilla tape adds quite a bit of rotating mass. More than a couple wraps of kevlar cord does anyway. More rotating mass means higher temps on the motor/esc.
    Last edited by olds97_lss; 03-04-2021 at 11:46 AM.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

  34. #34
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Hammonton Nj
    Posts
    1,316
    I guess it I’ll stick with the external fishing line

  35. #35
    RC Qualifier corneileous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    377
    Quote Originally Posted by olds97_lss View Post
    How does that hold up to water? I vent my tires so water can get out because water always gets in since I bash in snow and wet grass very often.

    Regardless, still easier to wrap externally than to deglue/wrap with tape/remount. It's been a looooong time since I bought unmounted tires.

    Also, adding a couple wraps of duct tape/gorilla tape adds quite a bit of rotating mass. More than a couple wraps of kevlar cord does anyway. More rotating mass means higher temps on the motor/esc.
    If youíre going to be running your car through any type of water whether it be in a light rain storm, after a rain storm or through wet grass, arenít you supposed to tape up the holes on the inside of your wheels just to keep the water out? Other than the factory wheels and tires for the max in my opinion just being straight up junk, after all the driving that I did in the snow that we got the last couple weeks and a lot of times of driving in and wet grass or through water puddles, I never did tape up the vent holes just because I never remembered to do it but I think I may have just ruined the foams inside those tires because now the tires are really wobbly, and who knows, it could just be because the wheels they use are junk as well but Iíve noticed that now that the inside portions of the wheels are very very soft and flexible and theyíre really easy to distort in your hand and how I noticed this was from the several times that Iíve had the wheels off to squeeze the tire to try to wring out the water.

    Hopefully the regular duct tape that I put on the inside of my talons was stuck good enough. I only did one wrap with the tape but before I put the tape on, I used an aerosol can of ammonia free glass cleaner to clean the inside of the tire and then I used 220 grit sandpaper to scuff the rubber up and then after that, I used just regular old rubbing alcohol to clean all that up but whatever the affect that water intrusion has on that tape, I guess itís imperative now that if Iím gonna be running my car through any kind of wet conditions that I really need to start taping the vent holes up.

    Iíll probably be running my Maxx several times this weekend so hopefully the tape even just does itís job and keeps the tires from ballooning.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  36. #36
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. olds97_lss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Dekalb, IL
    Posts
    3,704
    Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    those tires because now the tires are really wobbly, and who knows, it could just be because the wheels they use are junk as well but I’ve noticed that now that the inside portions of the wheels are very very soft and flexible and they’re really easy to distort in your hand and how I noticed this was from the several times that I’ve had the wheels off to squeeze the tire to try to wring out the water.
    Venting the tires in the center allows the water to get out. After any run I do that's in snow/wet conditions, I spend the last few minutes making slow->fast passes and you can see streams of water spraying out of the tire holes. They also go from severely unbalanced to normal while doing that as well as the water leaves the foams.

    Since I don't run in sand/dirt, venting the tires is what works for me. I have tires I've run for 2-3 seasons like this in snow/wet and so far, no issues really. No flat spots, foams still feel like they are doing their job if I squeeze the tires.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

  37. #37
    RC Qualifier corneileous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    377
    Quote Originally Posted by olds97_lss View Post
    Venting the tires in the center allows the water to get out. After any run I do that's in snow/wet conditions, I spend the last few minutes making slow->fast passes and you can see streams of water spraying out of the tire holes. They also go from severely unbalanced to normal while doing that as well as the water leaves the foams.

    Since I don't run in sand/dirt, venting the tires is what works for me. I have tires I've run for 2-3 seasons like this in snow/wet and so far, no issues really. No flat spots, foams still feel like they are doing their job if I squeeze the tires.
    You donít run in sand or dirt? Where all do you run your R/Cís?

    But yeah, I could see how putting a vent on the tread of the tire would quickly evacuate any trapped water but I donít reckon that would work for me because I run mine on everything, preferably dirt, sand or grass.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  38. #38
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    405
    They way I see it, water and dust always seem to find thier way in, so its best to make an easy way out. I too vent the tires, and seal the rims. And I run in everything. Kinda like Olds does, after a wet run I put the truck on a block, and spin the tires up to speed to clean them out.

    Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

  39. #39
    RC Qualifier corneileous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    377
    Hmm, Iíll be darned. I guess I may have to try that with my tires this weekend but I just canít imagine how this would work to let dirt and debris out when youíre giving it an easy way in there. Lol.

    As for expelling water, it makes perfect sense using the centrifugal force to sling the water out.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  40. #40
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. olds97_lss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Dekalb, IL
    Posts
    3,704
    Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    You don’t run in sand or dirt? Where all do you run your R/C’s?

    But yeah, I could see how putting a vent on the tread of the tire would quickly evacuate any trapped water but I don’t reckon that would work for me because I run mine on everything, preferably dirt, sand or grass.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Grass bmx track, grass parks and skate parks. On rare occasions, I run in an area where they started developing, then stopped. It's half grown over and have rock hard dirt with large rocks sticking out. Usually it gets way too overgrown to run there more than a few times in the Spring.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •