RC poster

New E-Revo 2.0 Owner- Alignment Questions

Hey everyone!
    So I recently unboxed my new E-Revo 2.0, and I am beyond excited to run it. However, as you can see in the picture the front left wheel is out of alignment. It is just slightly pointed outward. So i have 2 questions regarding this alignment issue.

1) Is this really a big issue? It is only out minimally, so does it require rectification, as least right now? I know this can affect how well the car drives, but I am only bashing. Would I be ok to leave as is and run it? Will leaving it as negatively affect any parts other then a slightly more wear amount on the tire tread?
    2) IF it is something that I really need to fix before running, how would I go about doing so. I am new to this, so please explain in simple terms. Also attached is a picture of the dual servos, as both those are in line (I know there is sometimes an issue with them being not in sync and causing issues burning out), so I want to know what to do to fix the alignment if needed.

Like I said I am new to the hobby, so I apologize if my questions are dumb. I really do appreciate the help!
    . Also let me know if you can view these photos! I was having trouble posting them. Thanks!

https://imgur.com/a/fksxhWr

Welcome to the forum and as a new owner! You will want to address that before you run it. Pretty easy fix. Just adjust your steering link on that side. It will be the rod that goes from the servo to the steering knuckle at your wheel. You will put your wrench on the flat spot and rotate. It will extend one way and close another...you want to extend that one until its more squared up. You can get it eyeballed in for now or use a piece of wood to square it up. I use the RPM Monster Camber Gauge and set my camber and toe with that. Great investment. Let us know if you have any more questions or get stuck.

Also download the Manual from Traxxas lots of great info in there and will show you exactly what I am talking about. Page 25 to be exact!
    Last edited by RICK DIZZLE; 02-26-2021 at 10:03 PM.

RC Racer
    To add on to what rick said, also check the pillow balls which connect the wheel carrier to the A arms. When my wheels start looking like that, it's usually because one of them started to unscrew itself. Those are a little harder to get to, as you have to poke the 3mm Allen wrench through the wheel rim and through a slit in the rubber protector and blindly align it with the socket. Again, check your manual for info. It's your best friend. Right along with all of us here in the forum.

/\/\ good call here too!

RC poster
    Thank you so much! I had no idea about the online manual, so I downloaded it and do see what you are talking about. I’ll have to go pick up a 5mm wrench tmrw, I do not have one. Hopefully adjusting that will do the trick. Thank you!

RC poster
    Ok I will keep this in mind as well. I am hoping it is simply the rod I need to adjust with wrench. Thank you!

RC Enthusiast
    Normally Traxxas provides the key which is necessary for this operation ...
    Franšois
    Que dieu vous garde moi j'ai pas l'temps

RC Enthusiast
    Be prepared to spend a minimum of $100 per month on parts

Quote Originally Posted by RCdood View Post
    Be prepared to spend a minimum of $100 per month on parts
    What are you doing that requires you to spend $100 dollars a month? Unless your doing crap to it like Kevin Talbot or something, you shouldnĺt be spending $100 dollars a month on parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah that is mighty costly for this rig. I can't say I've spent $100 in last 3 months on both my E Revos or the kids Stampedes combined. Lol. Not sure what all your doing to have to spend that much each month...do tell.

RC Enthusiast
    Damaged rear differential, all bearings, rod ends, bent front push rods, front bumper cracks when lightly hit, stripped screws, front cernter drive shaft twisted, broken wing, front a-arms replaced, drive cups with shafts...
    These are a few things that have been replaced in the 3 months since I have this car. Of course, replacing parts doesn't mean that something is fixed.
    I will add that the VXL6S was damaged after a week due to a factory defect. Fortunately, the store sent me a new one under the warranty.

RC Racer
    Have you tried using the training mode until you can drive it safely? Accidents happen but good grief.

Quote Originally Posted by RCdood View Post
    Damaged rear differential, all bearings, rod ends, bent front push rods, front bumper cracks when lightly hit, stripped screws, front cernter drive shaft twisted, broken wing, front a-arms replaced, drive cups with shafts...
    These are a few things that have been replaced in the 3 months since I have this car. Of course, replacing parts doesn't mean that something is fixed.
    I will add that the VXL6S was damaged after a week due to a factory defect. Fortunately, the store sent me a new one under the warranty.
    Wow dude that is nuts.

RC Enthusiast
    Next expense. How much will it cost me? $50 minimum:

https://i.imgur.com/wm7wkrR.jpg

RC Competitor
    Drive cups are like 18 per pair. Or is the gear screwed up also.