Thread: 2s battery

2s battery

Hello,
    I am looking to get a 2s lipo to replace the stock nimh that comes with the car. I am hoping to get the venom pro duo charger or the Traxxas live single. Is there any aftermarket batteries I should get (in Canada). How does the venom charger work? Should I get a venom battery? (For the venom charger) Please try to provide a link if possible.
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by ThatTraxxas; 02-27-2021 at 08:47 AM.
    1/16 E-Revo VXL, Bandit XL-5 Just Gonna Send It!!

Quote Originally Posted by ThatTraxxas View Post
    Hello,
    I am looking to get a 2s lipo to replace the stock nimh that comes with the car. I am hoping to get the venom pro duo charger or the Traxxas live single. Is there any aftermarket batteries I should get (in Canada). How does the venom charger work? Should I get a venom battery? (For the venom charger) Please try to provide a link if possible.
    Thanks in advance.
    Hi! I run SPC Racing 2500 mAh 2 cell lipos and theyíre great! Unfortunately SPC is out of business, so I would recommend these Venom batteries with 2000 mAh and a 35C discharge. They also come with the venom universal connectors that include the legacy Traxxas plug, Deans, and EC3 that connect to the base XT60 plug. You can buy them online here: https://www.horizonhobby.com/product...SABEgKtwvD_BwE . I run 1300 mah venom batteries with the uni plugs and theyíre great. I donít have the venom charger so canít say anything about that, though I do have a Duratrax Onyx 210 AC/DC Peak Charger with an LCD. It charges up to 6s lipo and can store 10 battery profiles. Iíve tried charging both my SPC Racing and Venom batteries on my Traxxas EZ peak, but it wonít charge them. Bummer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What does this do- Oh whoops I broke it

RC Qualifier
    The EZ peak should charge any batteries as long as you have the trx plug or adapter. For non Traxxas batteries you do have to plug in the balance wire.

I've charged non-Traxxas LiPo batteries on my Traxxas EZ-peak Live charger.
    Adding to what halygon said, the balance port on the charger is behind a cap on the front of the charger. It has the Traxxas logo on it.

Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    I've charged non-Traxxas LiPo batteries on my Traxxas EZ-peak Live charger.
    Adding to what halygon said, the balance port on the charger is behind a cap on the front of the charger. It has the Traxxas logo on it.
    Never worked out for me, even when I plug in the balance cable. Charger would just make a beeping sound and flash a red light at me.

1/16 E-Revo VXL, Bandit XL-5 Just Gonna Send It!!

Awesome! Enjoy!

RC poster
    Has anyone tried these ??

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rc-Car-2S-L....m46890.l49292

I'm finding it hard to believe that this capacity (5200mah) will fit thee we 1:26 tray..

Quote Originally Posted by Optoomistic View Post
    Has anyone tried these ??

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rc-Car-2S-L....m46890.l49292

I'm finding it hard to believe that this capacity (5200mah) will fit thee we 1:26 tray..
    Those batteries won't fit. The description of what they fit is wrong.

The battery compartment on the 1/16 Traxxas vehicles is 100mm X 35mm X 20mm LxWxH.

RC Racer
    If you're still looking, check out SMC. I got 2 of the 2S batteries and they were great. 2S batteries were 20$ (they are still on sale). They come with the Traxxas plug. I have the Live charger and you can setup a profile for non-Traxxas battery.
    https://www.smc-racing.com/index.php...ory&path=67_97
    3Rustler 2wd(VXL) 1Rustler 4x4VXL 1Slash VXL Fox

Quote Originally Posted by 1SweetV6 View Post
    If you're still looking, check out SMC. I got 2 of the 2S batteries and they were great. 2S batteries were 20$ (they are still on sale). They come with the Traxxas plug. I have the Live charger and you can setup a profile for non-Traxxas battery.
    https://www.smc-racing.com/index.php...ory&path=67_97
    I'll agree SMC batteries are great. But they stopped selling batteries that fit in the Traxxas 1/16's battery compartment. Those $20 batteries are too big and won't fit.

Remember we're talking about the smaller 1/16 Traxxas vehicles and not the bigger 1/10 vehicles.

RC poster
    I use GenAce 2S2200mah packs.