RC Competitor

LCG chassis selection

Forgive me if this a repeat question i searched the forum for lcg chassis but didn't find an answer.
    1) Is there an LCG chassis that allows transfer of TRX4 (sport) components, or do I have to change skid, links, servo mount, panhard, transmission, body posts, shocks etc?
    2) Are some designed specifically for portal axles?
    3) Have you built one or have a link for low cg build information?

Thank you!
    ~ finally coming to terms with being a nerd ~

There is an LCG battery tray: https://www.amainhobbies.com/bowhous...-0060j/p865867

As for a whole LCG chassis, I haven't seen one yet for the TRX-4.
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

RC Racer
    Thereís many for the trx4. NWSD Scattergun, Brazin All Time Low are to of the most popular. Thereís a few others but Iím not sure of there names

With the All Time Low thereís a list of needed parts that youíll need to purchase with it. Although from what Iíve heard itís a nice setup.

Myself I went with the Scattergun. You can use all the stock parts with little to no modification. Youíll need to purchase different body mounts but thereís many cheep options you can get.
    Even with mostly stock parts youíll end up with a better preforming truck. Or you can upgrade the skid, links, motor mount, servo mount and get even better performance.

1st photo is my Scattergun with stock parts and the second photo is mine in the build stage with upgraded parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by PFongemie View Post
    Thereís many for the trx4. NWSD Scattergun, Brazin All Time Low are to of the most popular. Thereís a few others but Iím not sure of there names. With the All Time Low thereís a list of needed parts that youíll need to purchase with it. Although from what Iíve heard itís a nice setup.
    Myself I went with the Scattergun. You can use all the stock parts with little to no modification. Youíll need to purchase different body mounts but thereís many cheep options you can get. Even with mostly stock parts youíll end up with a better preforming truck. Or you can upgrade the skid, links, motor mount, servo mount and get even better performance.
    1st photo is my Scattergun with stock parts and the second photo is mine in the build stage with upgraded parts.
    i was hoping you'd see this post! Saw your pics in the photo gallery. I communicated with Gabe@ GSpeed but in that case there's no choice but to use only your axles on his G10 or Carbon Fiber V3 (not designed for TRX4). Then watching Brazin' videos I found out that initially they made all of Gspeeds rails. Their ATL looks good too but like you say, long list of upgrades.
    So the scattergun looks like a good option, can run with stock parts and take my time to save up for phase2. I'm doing a weight build without sidepans and sliders, bumpers etc, not for comp just for the fun of seeing what these things can actually do.
    Can I ask about your mounts? And are those the stainless rails? Thank you very much for posting!!!

RC Racer
    The body mounts are from Team Knk.

https://teamknkhardware.com/body-mou...version-2.html

The rails are stainless. I decided to hand sand them to shine them up. Started with 600 grit wet sandpaper finished at 7000 grit. I true pain in the a**, but they turned out ok. Could have been done nicer with power tools. It took me about 3 hours sanding by hand.

Iím doing side rails from IE*RC. Going to mount my electronics on them.

If you search Dixieland rc thereís a good build video using stock parts and the few mods youíll have to do.

Any other questions feel free to ask. Iíll try to answer to the best of my ability and/or steer you in the right direction.

RC Competitor
    Thank you Sir!
    I watched the Dixieland RC video thanks. Justscalin' has a video for TRX4 scattergun conversion also. I noticed NWSD has an aluminum C1 V1 rail set with stock shock hoops, but not sure that's what i need for true lcg. Will check out IE*RC, im running the Fusion and no receiver box so don't need mounting space, but may add sliders for performance and to protect my little creep body hehe.
    There's something very satisfying about working with your hands and seeing the beautiful result after hours of careful effort ~ very therapeutic. Good for you man. Appreciate the help! Blessings ~

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by RCWilly View Post
    There is an LCG battery tray: https://www.amainhobbies.com/bowhous...-0060j/p865867

I use this, and it works for me:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Metal-Batte...oAAOSw92leQhkH

Quote Originally Posted by RCWilly View Post

if you have a 3d printer there are free models for low CG battery trays
    "The fun begins when the trail ends"

RC Competitor
    thank you for the great feedback guys!
    found this great channel for LCG comp builds, Tim will be doing a TRX4 specific build breakdown soon, his channel is just starting to take off. He's also a Toyota Master tech ~ enjoy!

RC Competitor

Tim@TRD giving way gspeed chassis

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by littleharold View Post
    Thanks for the vid mate.