RC poster

New to Traxxas and RC vehicles

Hello. I just wanted to introduce myself. I am new to RC vehicles though not new to RC as I fly planes and helicopters. I have three Traxxas vehicles now including the Ford Raptor Fox edition, Bandit and Ford Fiesta Rally car. So far I am pleased with these products and have been having a blast with the Raptor and Bandit. I just got the Fiesta so have not had a chance to drive but I am looking forward to it. I have not done any upgrades so all are stock at the moment. I am not a racer so speed is not too important to me. I built a track last summer and was having a blast running my Raptor around the course that includes a bridge. The course is built more for skill than speed. It is a lot harder than it looks to drive. I guess the only thing I don't like is how easy the bodies get marked up from underneath and then shows on the outside of the body. Perhaps there is a fix for this I haven't come across it. But I am impressed with the quality of the vehicles. The fun factor is awesome and that is what is most important. I am glad to have "toys" to play with when it is too windy to fly. My wife also has a Traxxas Ford Raptor red truck and has made it her own adding flower decals and a decal on the back window that reads: "Silly Boys, trucks are for girls." She calls her truck Daisy.

Thanks for reading I look forward to being part of this community. Stay safe and drive on.

STO

Welcome! I'm glad you and your wife are having a blast!

A little trick I learned that helped with the rubbing through of the paint on the inside of the body is to use tape. I use a small piece of Gorilla brand Duct tape anywhere there is a contact point. It's been working great so far.

Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post

A little trick I learned that helped with the rubbing through of the paint on the inside of the body is to use tape. I use a small piece of Gorilla brand Duct tape anywhere there is a contact point. It's been working great so far.
    I agree with grizzly03 ^

I've also heard that aluminum tape works well.
    The present is theirs; the future, is mine.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post

Thank you. I will try that.

Welcome to the forums! Glad to hear your having a blast! Hello from another ontarian!
    1/16 E-Revo VXL, Bandit XL-5 Just Gonna Send It!!

RC poster
    Thank you. Looks like you have the same blue Bandit I have. I absolutely love it. I have been running it in the snow doing drifting. Really fun RC car and not too expensive. My LHS tried to dissuade me from Traxxas because it is proprietary but I am very happy with the vehicles I have. I bought all three from GH online. Can't wait for spring so I can clean up my course and get driving again with my new cars. Take care.

Also itís durable as heck! I jump mine 7ft up stock and notjing breaks. Whatís your LHC?
    1/16 E-Revo VXL, Bandit XL-5 Just Gonna Send It!!

Traxxas Marshal
    Quote Originally Posted by STO View Post
    Thank you. Looks like you have the same blue Bandit I have. I absolutely love it. I have been running it in the snow doing drifting. Really fun RC car and not too expensive. My LHS tried to dissuade me from Traxxas because it is proprietary but I am very happy with the vehicles I have. I bought all three from GH online. Can't wait for spring so I can clean up my course and get driving again with my new cars. Take care.
    Welcome to the forums!

They probably wanted you to buy another, more expensive model that would break more easily and require more frequent replacement parts/upgrades! (Hopefully not, but you never can tell with some places.)
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle