RC Racer

Castle Mamba Monster rapid flashing

Hi,

The ESC on my Emax 3908 is flashing all 3 colors extremely rapidly. The steering servos move very slowly then stop.

The lights on the ESC will also shut off after a minute or less. If I disconnect and reconnect the batteries, its does the same thing all over.
    My charger says the Lipos are charged to capacity and I checked the voltage while connected and powering the truck. Still shows over 7.4 volts.

Any ideas please?
    Thank you

What is the voltage of your batteries without being plugged in? A fully charged 2s LiPo battery should be 8.4 volts.
    How old are your LiPo batteries?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    What is the voltage of your batteries without being plugged in? A fully charged 2s LiPo battery should be 8.4 volts.
    How old are your LiPo batteries?
    Hi.
    Thanks for the response.
    I have 4 SPC Li-Po 5000 mah 7.4v batteries. I just rechecked them and I'm reading 8.30 volts.
    They are older and haven't been used in a good 2 or 3 years. However when I tried 2 of them out last week, the truck ran fine. Lots of power.
    Yesterday I tried both pairs of batteries after fully charging them and got the same problem.

Try unplugging the servo. Or everything but the ESC. After that I would try unplugging the motor. If with nothing plugged in the ESC still is flashing lights then that rules out possibilities. Then I would say it's the ESC or batteries.

Also check for a bad wire and/or bad connector.
    Last edited by grizzly03; 03-01-2021 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Bad connection?