RC Qualifier

Everyone’s favourite RC and first RC

My fav is the Xmaxx and here’s why:
    Huge! indestructible, powerful, puts a big smile on your face
    My first is the Bandit XL-5 (it’s still stock!)
    1/16 E-Revo VXL, Bandit XL-5 Just Gonna Send It!!

Favorite RC I Own: Traxxas Slash 4x4 LCG

My 1st Hobby-Class RC: Tamiya Sand Scorcher (1980/81)
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Champion
    Tyco fast traxx no idea what happened to that.
    Then was given a Tamiya grasshopper
    Stopped at hobby store to get a battery for it and ended up with 2wd rustler

Xmaxx was last purchase and my fav.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidic01 View Post
    Tyco fast traxx no idea what happened to that.
    Then was given a Tamiya grasshopper
    Stopped at hobby store to get a battery for it and ended up with 2wd rustler

Xmaxx was last purchase and my fav.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Oh man, I ain’t seen one of them in years!! I never had one but a couple of the kids on my block had some. They were pretty amazing for what they were back in the 90’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Man, my first RC was a 2wd stampede that I slapped a 4-tec Cadillac body on and later on upgraded from the brushed setup to an Arrma 3s BLX and never ended up running 3s until I got my ERevo 2.0. Sometimes I wished I never sold it because if I could keep the nose on the ground, it would keep up with my 2.0, even in grass, with stock gearing. Thinking of buying a roller and the same arrma setup to bring me back lol

Right now for my favorite RC? I can’t decide between my ERevo 2.0 or my VXL Mervs, since I love them with all my heart, so I’ll just say both!

What does this do- Oh whoops I broke it

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinTurboV8 View Post
    Man, my first RC was a 2wd stampede that I slapped a 4-tec Cadillac body on and later on upgraded from the brushed setup to an Arrma 3s BLX and never ended up running 3s until I got my ERevo 2.0. Sometimes I wished I never sold it because if I could keep the nose on the ground, it would keep up with my 2.0, even in grass, with stock gearing. Thinking of buying a roller and the same arrma setup to bring me back lol

Right now for my favorite RC? I can’t decide between my ERevo 2.0 or my VXL Mervs, since I love them with all my heart, so I’ll just say both!

LOL! There practically the same except for the power system and size.
    1/16 E-Revo VXL, Bandit XL-5 Just Gonna Send It!!

RC poster
    Absolute favorite RC would have to be my Erevo V1 or Slash 2wd VXL, and my first RC was actually a Vaterra Glamis Uno

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    Oh man, I ain’t seen one of them in years!! I never had one but a couple of the kids on my block had some. They were pretty amazing for what they were back in the 90’s.

I still have one. I can remover buying tracks and battery doors. Imagine that an RC that you could replace parts on. What a novel idea.
    My first hobby grade was an RC-10T. Almost 27 years ago.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    I still have one. I can remover buying tracks and battery doors. Imagine that an RC that you could replace parts on. What a novel idea.
    My first hobby grade was an RC-10T. Almost 27 years ago.

Does it still run? I can’t remember, did those things even have any kind of suspension on them at all? They were sure pretty nimble and fast for being the ole 9.6V NiCad batteries.

RC Qualifier
    My first rc was a Radio Shack Black Wolf. That thing was awesome. My grandparents bought it for me for my bday. It took all the abuse I gave it. Worked great until my dads friend fries the mobo with his CB radio.

My current favorite rc is my Erevo 2.0. Though once I’m done building my E-Maxx it’ll be my favorite.

I'm just a noob

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    Does it still run? I can’t remember, did those things even have any kind of suspension on them at all? They were sure pretty nimble and fast for being the ole 9.6V NiCad batteries.

It does run. Rear springs only. All plastic other than the springs. High-Low Tranny switch on the gear box. Dual motors. Really a neat ride.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    It does run. Rear springs only. All plastic other than the springs. High-Low Tranny switch on the gear box. Dual motors. Really a neat ride.

I was gonna say, I thought they only had suspension on the rear with that high/low switch like most R/C’s did back in that era. Forgot it had twin motors, tho.

While I had several cheap R/C cars when I was younger, my first hobby grade was the 2WD Stampede over 20yrs ago. To this day, it's still one of my favorite trucks/platforms.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Qualifier
    Back in 1993-ish my first was some semi-cheapo that I don't remember the brand. Then I quickly upgraded to a Losi LXT which was so much more superior than anything my friends had at the time. That thing lasted me 15 years or so then I quit messing with RC for a while. When I pulled it out of storage I quickly realized that the parts I needed to get it running would cost too much and were hard to find so it was time to do a serious upgrade. Now I have 3 Traxxas.

Do I have a favorite - probably the Slash 4x4.
    Scott
    Slash 2wd
    Slash Ultimate 4wd
    Stampede 4wd

RC Racer
    I ran a kyosho tracker as my first rc when I was around 8 years old. God knows what happened to that truck. But for me on the the most fun rc's I ever owned was the tower hobbies st15. When tuned properly it sung like a bird on second gear with a tune pipe.
    Last edited by pa4ul; 03-17-2021 at 01:18 PM.
    Slash 4x4 MM2 2400kv

RC Qualifier
    My first hobby grade RC ever was actually a boat, the Blast! Though my first land vehicle was the MERV, I haven't ran it in a while but I remember loving it when I first got it. Now I drive it's big brother and it's definitely my favorite RC, I've just never had so much power in the palm of my hands before (in terms of RC) and I enjoy every second of it. My Trx-4 is a close runner-up but it depends on the situation.
    The present is theirs; the future, is mine.

First sort of "real" RC was a radio shack golden arrow, was around 33 years ago.

My first real RC was a losi XXX-NT, nitro 2wd stadium truck. Should have got a rustler or RC10GT at the time as the xxxnt was pretty fragile for someone who was never going to see a race track. Couldn't get RPM anything for it but a bumper. I went through sooooo many arms and shock towers on that thing.

Haven't had it for a few years. That was near it's end of life for me in 2003.

My favorite to date is probably my stampede 4x4 as it is now. Had some growing pains, but it's ridiculous now and will serve as a substitution for a maxx4s for the foreseeable future.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

RC Racer
    My partner and I got into the hobby about a year and a half ago. I got us each an xl-5 rustler for Christmas so we could learn to drive on a lower power system. Now those Rustlers have tons of aluminum upgrades and the VXL systems in em. We've beat the crap out of them, but I've kept them running.

Recently, we bought each other new ones for our anniversary. I got him a vxl slash, and put an LCG chassis on it, and he got me a 4x4 Rustler. I'd say my fave is the 4x4, but my battle scarred 2wd rustler has a special place in my heart. It's become a bit if a problem child; always working on the old girl, but I don't mind too much. My friend's kid wrecked it the other day and broke the chassis and a bunch if the steering components, so she's about to get a front end rebuild.

Little known fact:. Slapping your favorite sticker on an R/C body DOES make it go faster.

RC Racer
    My first (as long as we're not talking toy-grade) was an erevo 2.0. It was a frustrating and fun and rewarding truck. Now it sits in wait on a shelf to see what I will do with it which I flip back and forth like a pancake. My all-time favorite is my main basher which is the king of large-scale the XMAXX!
    His Glory Alone all the way to the grave.

RC Racer
    My first was a Tamiya Honda Civic. While I agree that my X-Maxx, Maxx, Hoss, Rustler, and crawlers all have their own level of fun. I have to admit that I call my Slash 4x4 vxl is probably my favorite to run.