Diff wonít turn by hand after refilling with 50k oil

So Iím running into a problem with refilling the rear diff. After I cleaned it out, and refilled it with 50k oil, I tightened down 2 of the 4 screws so theyíre just snug, and when I try to turn the output shafts by hand they wonít budge.

I tore it back open and everything seems fine. The spider gears are in the right way. I put the seals in the diff cup and the crown gear before putting the output shafts back in each one. I donít thing I over filled it, but if I have maybe thatís why it wonít turn? Idk.

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm just a noob

RC Champion
    Take your 2mm hex driver, put it thru the hole in the output shaft and turn it. If it turns smooth, not clicky or knotchy, you're good to go. Did you add the shim washer to the appropriate output shaft inside the diff?

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Make sure the little side pieces are in the right direction and fully seating in the diff cup.

Iíve used 120k fluid before and things moved smoothly.

No to the shim washer, it only had the blue rubber seals in the output shafts. It didnít have any shims when I opened it up. Iíll double check everything and see if somethings wonky.

I'm just a noob

Diff wonít turn by hand after refilling with 50k oil

Edit:

So yeah. I think I need to go get my eyes checked again. When I had taken the diff apart to clean it and refill it, I didnít notice that I had indeed taken a shim off of one of the sun gears and it was stuck to the paper towel I had used last night. Smooth eh?

How full should one fill the diff cup? Is this too much?

Last edited by Rocketzx1; 03-02-2021 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Iím blind and a dummy!
    I'm just a noob

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketzx1 View Post
    No to the shim washer, it only had the blue rubber seals in the output shafts. It didnít have any shims when I opened it up. Iíll double check everything and see if somethings wonky.

I just did a diff swap on my rustler 4x4 and you need those shims as well as the blue rubbers for it to work. I took mine apart like 3 or 4 times before realizing i needed those little shims.

And as for how much fluid that looks like plenty to me.

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk