RC poster

Connector question

So just to start, I am somewhat new to traxxas. I bought a traxxas vehicle and got the charger/ spare battery at the hobby shop so I could have more run time. A friend of mine bought a different vehicle that uses deans(T) plug connectors. We would like to share batteries due to having the same motor so they can handle it. Now my traxxas batteries are no more than 3 weeks old so I don't want to not use them any more and stillwater to use the traxxas charger I paid an arm and a leg for. I was looking at some batteries that are cheaper than the traxxas ones but use a deans connector and he has a charger for them and I have charger I can buy that works for them as well. I don't want to replace the esc plug for my traxxas as I want to still use the traxxas batteries, but would like to be able to use the deans connectors as well.

Is it a bad idea to use an adapter? I was thinking about using the parallel hookup from traxxas and clipping one side off and making it a deans plug by soldering it on. Is this a bad idea? I typically drive in my yard, road and local park but have been thinking about going to the local track on practice days to check it out.

Thanks in advance

An adapter should be fine. Is it a lipo?
    Also what vehicle is it? The only way you would need a harness is if you have a 1/16 or erevo 2.0 or xmaxx.
    1/16 E-Revo VXL, Bandit XL-5 Just Gonna Send It!!

RC poster
    Mainly 2s lipo batteries. I have one 7 cell NiMH battery and 2 2s LiPo batteries. My batteries are traxxas and his are not, I would just like to use his with my car as well as he has around 10 batteries. I have the traxxas bandit xl-5 and he has a redcat volcano. I just want the ability to use both kinds of batteries the easiest way possible

Just swap adapters back and forth.

As long as you stock with the brushed ESC/motor combo, to both using an adapter, and using Dean's (T-connector) should be fine. However, if/when you are ready to upgrade to a brushless system, I would NOT recommend using Deans. The Amperage needed by the motor (especially upon full-throttle pulls) could easily exceed the ability of the Deans connector. At that point, I'd recommend replacing the ESC's connector with an XT60, EC3, or something larger (ie. greater Amp capacity). Also, at that point, I'd recommend not using adapters.

~ More peace, love, and kindness would make the world a much better place
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

RC poster
    Panther, I will eventually be upgrading just not sure when. So thanks for that info. If and when I do upgrade I'll just give my child my traxxas batteries for her rc and upgrade mine to the better connection.

RC poster
    Panther, I will eventually be upgrading just not sure when. So thanks for that info. If and when I do upgrade I'll just give my child my traxxas batteries for her rc and upgrade mine to the better connection.

Ok sounds good