RC poster

XO-1 ESC Replacement

Hey XO-1ers!
    I love my model but the ESC went and died on me. I've taken a voltmeter to the leads and receive no voltage even when the ESC is armed and the trigger is pulled. Furthermore, the motor no longer chimes at all (sounds are produced by the motor to my knowledge). The light codes on the ESC behave like normal yet it outputs no power.

I'm not sure exactly what caused the failure; I was operating the car normally and all of a sudden my model slowed down to a stop and no longer responded to trigger input. The steering works fine.

Does anybody have a recommendation for a replacement ESC (they seem to be tricky to find online) or has anybody had this problem before and can offer potential solutions?

Thanks,

RC

RC Champion

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoBelugas View Post
    Thank you!

RC Champion
    No problem

You can probably also call castle customer support, they have really helpful custom service handled by actual RC experts.

You can also get a Castle MM2, take the cap pack off of your old stock ESC, and solder the two together. That's what I did, and that way you don't have to do the unlocking crap, and you'll be water proof.
    Life's to short to be a sour puss.

Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    You can also get a Castle MM2, take the cap pack off of your old stock ESC, and solder the two together. That's what I did, and that way you don't have to do the unlocking crap, and you'll be water proof.
    Here's one I did years ago, and it still works great. I would of included this picture before but couldn't get into my sharing website yesterday.

Life's to short to be a sour puss.