RC Champion

When RCís Attack?

I got my first RC truck injury , the tire bit my arm while testing some tires, anyone else get injured doing rc stuff ? I Ďm sure Iím not the only one

RC Champion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a bruise on my ankle when I hit myself with my bandit after a jump landing.
    1/16 E-Revo VXL, Bandit XL-5 Just Gonna Send It!!

RC poster
    Last year hurt right knee when attempting to keep xmaxx from hitting my truck. Nothing serious but hurt enough to catch your attention.
    Fred Boylstein
    79 Goldwing
    VMAX

RC Champion
    I can't imaging getting hit by an X Maxx - Aren't they like 25lbs , yikes

RC Racer
    Didn't Earl Moorhead hit himself pretty much in the face with his X-Maxx recently? The video was on YouTube. It didn't jump quite as he'd expected and launched towards his face. I think he sorta karate-chopped it away from his head.

Made for an interesting shot from his head-cam though!

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RJUK View Post
    Didn't Earl Moorhead hit himself pretty much in the face with his X-Maxx recently? The video was on YouTube. It didn't jump quite as he'd expected and launched towards his face. I think he sorta karate-chopped it away from his head.

Made for an interesting shot from his head-cam though!

Lol I’m gonna watch that!

Here is the video:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o1iq2HRGgOw
    The clip is at 4:10

RC poster
    Yep. Xmaxx is big. It was either xmaxx hitting my truck and getting very badly damaged or my knee. I took the knee.
    Fred Boylstein
    79 Goldwing
    VMAX

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fboylstein View Post
    Yep. Xmaxx is big. It was either xmaxx hitting my truck and getting very badly damaged or my knee. I took the knee.
    Lol, a man after my own heart!

Makes me cringe when Kevin Talbot drives his RC's around his Lamborghini and occasionally hits it... Yikes!

RC Enthusiast
    I had pebbles and acorns to the face and eyes, had a nitro hit my ankles about 4x, and the lovely tire rubbing off skin. Other than that a few burns from handling a hot truck.

Quote Originally Posted by RJUK View Post
    Lol, a man after my own heart!

Makes me cringe when Kevin Talbot drives his RC's around his Lamborghini and occasionally hits it... Yikes!

It makes me cringe when he drives OVER the Lamborghini.

Quote Originally Posted by Role View Post
    I got my first RC truck injury , the tire bit my arm while testing some tires, anyone else get injured doing rc stuff ? I ‘m sure I’m not the only one
    I was once holding my Rustler VXL in my arm cradled like a baby (neither tire was touching me), and I had the remote in my other armpit. I guess I somehow pushed the trigger and the right tire ballooned so big that it hit my wrist. I now have a permanent scar where it took the skin off.
    The present is theirs; the future, is mine.

About hit myself recently with my stampede:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpAoj41XOv8&t=179s

I've clipped myself a few times there, usually when I'm back further on the table top and can't see the truck the last few seconds when it approaches the jump. Also got a stinger when a guy almost took my head off with a losi muggy at a motocross track many years ago. Saw it out of the corner of my my at the last second and got my hand up just in time to bat it out of the air like king kong and a plane. Hand was numb for an hour... that thing was moving!

Ran a drill through my hand when trying to drill through a board with a brand new lithium powered drill when working on my 5B SS. 7 or 8 stitches, also took a piece out of my bone:

That was in 2012. My finger still aches on cold days.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatTraxxas View Post
    It makes me cringe when he drives OVER the Lamborghini.
    Thankfully I've not seen that!

Fraser Valley, British Columbia, Canada-The Wet Coast!
    I scratched my wrist up on the body post...disconnecting the battery . The plug on my Slash is so hard to disconnect, so I gave it a hard yank, it came out, and I sliced up my wrist on the body post.
    Slash 2WD Vision Edition
    100+ posts, here I come!

RC Enthusiast
    My 4 year old ran straight into the back of my legs a few weeks ago with with my Maxx. This was the first time I let him drive solo while i was also driving another car (not paying complete attention to him). I let him run it limited to about 30% on training mode but boy he hit me with 100% of that 30%. Hit me so hard in the back of my ankles/calves that my nose hurt...

I made up some new words right there on the spot, but i felt even worse when he started crying and saying he never wanted to drive again. Father of the year right here.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEng View Post
    My 4 year old ran straight into the back of my legs a few weeks ago with with my Maxx. This was the first time I let him drive solo while i was also driving another car (not paying complete attention to him). I let him run it limited to about 30% on training mode but boy he hit me with 100% of that 30%. Hit me so hard in the back of my ankles/calves that my nose hurt...

I made up some new words right there on the spot, but i felt even worse when he started crying and saying he never wanted to drive again. Father of the year right here.
    I feel your pain man. Made me chuckle reading this. I have a 4 year old (albeit a daughter) and don't think I'd let her anywhere near the controls. She had a small indoor RC and immediately drives it into the closest object every time. She hasn't got the hang of going forwards and turning at the same time.

I'd love to take the RCs out with her driving one, but I think that's a long way off!

Quote Originally Posted by ChemEng View Post

That's when it's handy to be able to change the throttle EPA's to a much lower percentage easily. I've let a few kids (with parents/grandparents) around at the park drive my RC's, but I cut the power down to about 25% before turning over the remote. They tend to lose interest pretty quick at those speeds though, but the parent/grandparent with them understand why after seeing me drive them.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss