ESS-One. - Up-dating

Hi

Has anyone any info on how the Sense Innovations website works, in particular the RC-Plus section which, apparently, allows you to ad sounds. I can't get any of the sounds to play in preview or download. Am I missing something. Any one have a basic "how-to" please?

I'm quite happy with the "stock" sound in our Defenders, but it might be fun to change it sometimes
    Stephen
    An Englishman in France
    Vallee du Loir.

RC Competitor
    i had the same experience~ couldn't play the previews. just wanna see what info comes up.
    thx
    ~ finally coming to terms with being a nerd ~

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by littleharold View Post
    i had the same experience~ couldn't play the previews. just wanna see what info comes up.
    thx
    I had to search thru and thru that crappy site and finally found a either a link, or the proper app name to search in the windows store. Download free app, followed instructions best i could understand them, lol. . . No issues! Try the app! I COULD NOT get the "website" link to work either

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by sarthetrx4 View Post
    Hi

Has anyone any info on how the Sense Innovations website works, in particular the RC-Plus section which, apparently, allows you to ad sounds. I can't get any of the sounds to play in preview or download. Am I missing something. Any one have a basic "how-to" please?

I'm quite happy with the "stock" sound in our Defenders, but it might be fun to change it sometimes
    You need to download the RC-Plus app and install it on your computer. It has been a while since I did it but I seem to remember that I had to guess at what button to click on to download the file, the labels had Chinese characters.
    Once you have the app on your computer it's fairly easy to use, it is all in English. You can then connect to their (free) store and listen to all the sounds and download what you want. You will need the app to connect to your truck and make changes anyway.
    Reinhard

RC Enthusiast
    Yes, it works like that. I`m playing with it now...
    Downlosd it from hete, works also on W10:
    http://www.sensehobby.com/index.php?...ists&catid=115

Thanks for the replies chaps!

I've downloaded the "App", twice now and get the intro screen, but none of the "buttons" work (Store, Install) etc. But, I have not connected the ESS to the PC because, unlike Reinhard, I wasn't smart enough to add in the extension cable, so it means digging the connector out of the TX box! I was hoping to at least "preview" a few different sounds before I went to all that trouble. But, if I have to do that to get the App to work, maybe I'll have to....?

I'm running Windows 10 - not my favourite package by a long way, but I no longer have an alternative.....
    Stephen
    An Englishman in France
    Vallee du Loir.

RC Enthusiast
    No. Sounds preview, sound downlod to the PC, works fine without ESS sound module connection to the PC. Something is wrong with your installation...

Quote Originally Posted by stehnak View Post
    No. Sounds preview, sound downlod to the PC, works fine without ESS sound module connection to the PC. Something is wrong with your installation...
    Hi

Well, I guess that's what I thought, but I can't see a way of improving the situation.

I'll have another go at it later today and see if I missed anything when I downloaded the "app".

When we first bought our ESS One's I l(a year ago) looked at the site and couldn't get any of the previews to play then, but didn't spend too much time on it. So, we'll see what happens later.... Unfortunately we use a Mac for most of our "on-line" stuff, and Sense Innovations don't support that.
    Stephen
    An Englishman in France
    Vallee du Loir.

RC Competitor
    I agree with stehnak, something must be wrong with the installation. I am also using Windows 10 and it installed just fine. Now I have an icon on my desktop and when I click it I get a warning that a program on my hard drive wants to make changes. All I have to do is give it permission and the app will open with the home screen. From there you can go directly to their store online to 'test drive' the sounds or download them to your computer, you don't need to have your ESS+ connected.
    Reinhard

RC Enthusiast
    Here is the file I used for installation:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WMv...ew?usp=sharing
    Miloš@stehnak

Thanks guys. Alas, I have had no luck. RC Plus downloads, is apparently installed on my laptop and the front page opens. But the "Store" button does nothing. I've even watched a "how to" video on ESS installation which included a few shots of the bloke looking at various sounds on line, it looked like my screen, but his worked!

Fed up with it now after an hour trying and I've lost interest

Thanks anyway
    Stephen
    An Englishman in France
    Vallee du Loir.

RC Racer
    Thanks guys. Alas, I have had no luck. RC Plus downloads, is apparently installed on my laptop and the front page opens. But the "Store" button does nothing. I've even watched a "how to" video on ESS installation which included a few shots of the bloke looking at various sounds on line, it looked like my screen, but his worked!

Fed up with it now after an hour trying and I've lost interest

Thanks anyway
    Try closing the program then right click in the icon and selecting running compatibility mode or similar you may even have to go right click, properties, find a tab that lists compatibility mode check the box close then try to reopen the program

Quote Originally Posted by Trx4newb View Post
    Try closing the program then right click in the icon and selecting running compatibility mode or similar you may even have to go right click, properties, find a tab that lists compatibility mode check the box close then try to reopen the program

Hi. Thanks, but alas, I've tried that. No "windows10" in the options, and having tried all of those shown the "Store" button fails to do anything and the "downloads" button doesn't show all the sounds I downloaded from the "Resource" tab on the main Sense page.

Clearly something doesn't like something else, and now I'm past caring!

Thankfully, We are reasonably happy with the sound that the ESS came with, 'cos it doesn't look like I'll be bothering to try and change it any time soon now

But thanks all for your advice and suggestions.
    Stephen
    An Englishman in France
    Vallee du Loir.

RC Racer
    Hi. Thanks, but alas, I've tried that. No "windows10" in the options, and having tried all of those shown the "Store" button fails to do anything and the "downloads" button doesn't show all the sounds I downloaded from the "Resource" tab on the main Sense page.

Clearly something doesn't like something else, and now I'm past caring!

Thankfully, We are reasonably happy with the sound that the ESS came with, 'cos it doesn't look like I'll be bothering to try and change it any time soon now

But thanks all for your advice and suggestions.
    Use the next lowest version of windows options available. Like if its XP, choose that?

RC Qualifier
    If anyone has successfully managed to download sound files, maybe they could put them in a OneDrive or Google Drive so those of us with barely-functioning RCPLus apps could try some other sounds?

Like sarthetrx4, for me the app downloads and installs, and I can change the parameters of the ESS unit itself, but cannot download anything, or even access the sound area via the app-- all of the buttons are just non-functional... which is a bummer. Anything downloaded directly from the sensehobby website come down in some sort of unrecognizable format that don't work for anything and can't be opened by anything. It's a shame. The hardware works wonderfully, but there is zero support, and the software is just BAD.

And I'm using a relic of an Acer laptop to futz with RCPlus-- the same machine I've been using for years for CastleLink, because again, like sarthetrx4, I'm a Mac guy.

OK, having said I was past caring, I did relent and have one more play around last night! I downloaded some of the sounds from the Sense Hobby main site (from "Resources" I think). They were saved on my laptop and apparently did nothing when "clicked". But, I discovered that once I had downloaded RC+, if I clicked on the sounds, they did in fact open, after a fashion, in RC+. So, I was able to play them.

It is nothing like as satisfactory and nothing like the way I have seen the RC+ site functioning on some of the "how to" videos for the ESS units, but it gave me an idea of what the various engines sounded like.

The up side...? So far I haven't found a sound I prefer to the stock V8 that came in the ESS-One! I thought I'd fancy the Corvette C7, (keeping thing in the family!) but it's a bit "tame" and the Camaro resto-mod is a bit - well, "restomod"!

Like Dr Isotope, I have no complaints with the ESS-One and I love it, but there is clearly something that my laptop doesn't like in the App!

As an aside, why is it that so many of the "how to install" videos showing installation into a Traxxas TRX4, faff about with the direct battery connection cable (and the associated bodging of adaptors), when it is clearly easier with a TRX4 to plug the ESS directly into the JST plug on the ESC, with suitable Y cables if needed with lights and BEC installed? I've been running both our Defenders like that for over a year now.

Anyway, it doesn't look like I'll be changing our "engines" any time soon!
    Stephen
    An Englishman in France
    Vallee du Loir.

RC Enthusiast
    I have to say that I like:
    - Sense standard 02, but also in my opinion very good is also:
    - H01-GENKI HYPER SILVIA RS204 HKS (it's under Drift cars section) .

A quick up-date on this thread......

Having had to up-grade my version of Windows 10, I thought I'd re-try the Sense Innovations site. Alas, now it is unreachable and the link from Google Drive is now inoperative. Not sure if it is permanent, but there is at the moment no chance of an ESS sound change!
    Stephen
    An Englishman in France
    Vallee du Loir.

RC Enthusiast
    Hi.
    Sorry, I deleted that file some time ago.
    Re-sharing it now: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Tn5...ew?usp=sharing

Quote Originally Posted by stehnak View Post
    Hi.
    Sorry, I deleted that file some time ago.
    Re-sharing it now: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Tn5...ew?usp=sharing
    Hi, Thanks! Actually it was the main Sense site that was down, but is now up and running again. But, RC Plus still won't work, so it was nothing to do with my version of Windows.

Never mind, I'm happy with my current engine sound and I won't be looking again!
    Stephen
    An Englishman in France
    Vallee du Loir.