RC poster

Lower Geared Front Diff

What will happen if I put the lower geared Stampede brushed diff in the front of my Slash vxl? Will it work at all? Will I get more power to the rear wheels?

Not necessarily more power, but the rear tires will spin faster than the front. What are you looking to achieve?
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

RC poster
    Not sure what I'm looking for. It was just a thought that come by. More fun to drift and slide perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury66 View Post
    What will happen if I put the lower geared Stampede brushed diff in the front of my Slash vxl? Will it work at all? Will I get more power to the rear wheels?
    If you do that in your personal vehicle, you will destroy the transmission, center differential or transfer case. You could always try it and report back what breaks.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    If you do that in your personal vehicle, you will destroy the transmission, center differential or transfer case. You could always try it and report back what breaks.
    With video...lol

Seriously, though, that is, essentially, how most crawlers are, albeit reversed (ie. the OD is in the front). At the same time, I do see a way it would work. If you look at the Arrma Felony, the front & rear diff are geared differently, with the rear having a lower ratio. At the same time, the rear also uses larger diameter wheels & tires, which 'condensates' for the different gear ratios. In the end, the distance the rear tires travels on one rotation equals the distance traveled by the front tires on one rotation...so, no damage being caused. Obviously, the "trick" is being able to correctly determine the proper gear ratios for front & rear diffs...which, obviously, required knowing (in advance) the diameters of the front & rear tires.

So, it IS possible...but ONLY if different diameter tires are also used. The calculations will be difficult, but, of some correctly, it could produce a very "interesting" vehicle.

~ More peace, love, and kindness would make the world a much better place
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better