RC poster

How to pinch fuel line near hot engine block

Hello,

The recommended way to turn off the engine is by pinching the fuel line, however, the fuel line is tightly wrapped near the hot engine block and more than half of it is in a black insulated cover.

Is there a way to pinch it without risk of burns or another way to turn it off ?

Thank You.

RC Competitor
    pinch the exhaust or cover it with your finger.

Reroute the fuel line or install a longer one.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    NitroRusty123,

That's what I was thinking even though many do not recommend it but for now that is the solution.

Double G,

This should be how its designed to begin with. "I want to speak to the manager..."
    Last edited by rcgoodtimes; 03-13-2021 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rcgoodtimes View Post
    The recommended way to turn off the engine is by pinching the fuel line, however, the fuel line is tightly wrapped near the hot engine block and more than half of it is in a black insulated cover.

Is there a way to pinch it without risk of burns or another way to turn it off ?
    You could use a pair of small needle nose pliers. You can squeeze on the black protective cover. You wouldn't need to squeeze hard to pinch enough to shut off the engine.

Or for more possible damage protection: Put a small piece of fuel tubing on the jaws, that way it has protection against cutting the fuel line.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    You could use a pair of small needle nose pliers. You can squeeze on the black protective cover. You wouldn't need to squeeze hard to pinch enough to shut off the engine.

Or for more possible damage protection: Put a small piece of fuel tubing on the jaws, that way it has protection against cutting the fuel line.
    okay that might work, will try, thank you.

I just plug the exhaust. When I drive I put a Band-Aid on my index finger and I don't accidentally get burnt. Beats hunting for a fuel line on a running engine. Don't even have to take the cover off. Works for me and I've ran TRX engines since 2004, always rebuilt my own and averaged 6-7 gallons before performance was being affected. I'm not saying either way is better just saying what has worked for me without causing problems.
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall