Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by xagoras View Post
    Might be a good idea to close the hole, where the shaft was supposed to attach. Lots of debris could end up in the portals through there.
    Oh yeah, I have a base connector for an aerial that's the exact circumference of the bearing that came out of there and I just haven't got to the point of cutting it down yet..

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by radio uncontrol View Post
    @Steeeve,
    I plan to isolate the trailer lights to just the trailer using a 9V setup and be able to hide the battery and on/off switch inside the toolbox I am mounting on the frame in front of spare tire. Don't want the hassle of a wire/plug to tow vehicle I have to hook/unhook everytime I use the trailer.
    My paint skills fail in comparison to yours so if I don't get too intricate with a paint scheme I can get a passing grade! Lol
    Ah that makes sense re the separate power supply - I was wondering how it was going to work if powered from the rig.

To be honest I think a simple paint job on the RV would work best - no need for Martin stripes!! The last one you did turned out brilliantly!

Keep up the good work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the switch, this seems cool:
    https://store11415794.ecwid.com/E-T-...Box-p308984138

See from 5:52 to hear about it:

Keep it up!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by radio uncontrol View Post
    @Bach,

That would be cool to see your build..I try to be transparent with pics and info while doing my projects just to see and show some things that can be done with these rigs..
    I usually ditch the interior just for the reason of having to dismantle the whole rig for as little as a battery change or simple maintenance and avoiding the Ken and Barbie scale figures! Haha

Curious to see how you fill in the Jeep body.

I have to confess, I do work by session. I don't used to stop in the middle and take pictures. So sorry, I do not have much in working progress pictures.

For the Jeep, I do use the trick most manufacturers use i.e. put pictures on sticker to simulate things.

As for the dash board, I do use paint in pen format - every embossement is evaluate for painting. Pictures are found on the web, than printed in various formats/scales to hopely get the right size on the 1/10 body. The most critical is to have sharp blades and a curved scissor.

After that it is important to protect the stickers (which are printed in photo paper or on blank sticker paper) by applying 2-3 layer of varnish. I use water base floor varnish, which is less 'corrosive' for the printed media.

The ABS body is first filled with ABS bar and tube for structural purpose, over the time, it is better - different materials = different dilatation ratio, which would warp the whole thing, or prevent cracks/failures.

On the wrangler, I do used semi-circular dia. 8mm ABS round rod and ABS sheets 1-1.5mm thick. I used industrial ABS glue/compound, which can comme in different colors , but I used the black one. Once dry, the remaining of this glue/compound is 99% ABS. Sheets allow me to follow curves.

After that, 'gaps' are filled with PVC foam, which came in panel of different thicknesses, I do use the 3mm which I can sand paper it to reduce the thickness. Here for you I have made a quick front mini microwave with that material cut in half so sheets are about 1.5mm thick. If I put it a Winne, then I would put a picture of a bbq chicken in cooking progress - beetwen the microwave door and the front frame

Here the back side of the whole wrangler body. For now I don't need the cutting holes, but depending on frame config, I would eventually need them to allows 90 degre suspension to pass tru.
    https://i.imgur.com/3mbNi5e.png
    Last edited by Bach; 04-17-2021 at 07:30 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Wow Bach... that's a ton of work and detail..guess you only get out of something what you put into it..

Here's how well the RV body sits/fits on the TRX-4 Sport chassis...tires stick out just a smidge but think no fender flares will no ok and just go with a u-shaped wrap around flexible trim pieces on all the raw edges...if your not interested in speed this TRX4 chassis is just as versatile or maybe even more versatile than the Slash chassis..there is a lot of adjustments and little things that can be done to open up a host of possibilities.

@Squeegie..thanks for posting that..I will have to investigate as he didn't have too much info, maybe because the product is so new..I had not seen that...interesting

@Steeeve, yes this RV certainly won't get all the bells and whistles the first one got..lol If this rolls or gets scratched I won't mind it as much.

RC Qualifier
    Got tailgate panel installed..
    Finally starting to look like a finished trailer

RC Qualifier
    Started on RV paint..
    Sorry about taking the pic thru a chain link fence...just kidding LOL

Did an airbrush effect with a rattle can..
    It won't be over the whole RV but had to get this base coat down before I can strip/mask the rest of the RV..

No big fender flares on this one either..will probably go with a small trim piece like the one pictured once final paint is complete.

Few days of drying before I can proceed.

RC Qualifier
    Sun got warm enough I was able to mask part of one side..will introduce a burgundy as a third color along the bottom edge when I get that far.

Have to find the right shade of burgundy, I don't have it yet.
    At least that's the plan for now

RC Qualifier
    Primer
    Matte black base
    Metallic Satin Nickel sprayed over mesh
    Metallic dark metal everywhere else
    Metallic dark cherry along bottom of RV, front and rear bumpers and highlight area around the word 'Indian'

Still have roof top panel to finish and clear coat everything..

Last edited by radio uncontrol; 04-19-2021 at 04:58 PM.

RC Racer
    Nice paint job !
    Very creative

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Bach View Post
    Nice paint job !
    Very creative
    Thanks Bach..figured I'd try something a little different..most 1:1 RV's have some crazy paint schemes.

RC Qualifier
    Liking that a lot - very creative! Looks really great.

Looking good!

RC Qualifier
    Thank you Steeeve, Squeegie..
    My hitch components came in most importantly a metal front bumper bracket so I can make my own setup..only thing left is to fill that void on the trailer tongue with a tool box to house trailer lighting hardware and that should be here by weeks end!

RC Racer
    Yeh !

RC Qualifier
    Toolbox and lights installed..not much left to do now..

RC Qualifier
    She's DONE! Woot! Woot!

2 tail lights
    2 front amber lights on trailer corners

Wired up, tool box secure and propane tank permanently attached

Whole trailer with all accessories came in on the scale at 3 lbs.

Last edited by radio uncontrol; 04-21-2021 at 08:45 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Ok, so I just noticed my first post for this thread was 3/21...today is 4/21...

Two TRX-4 SPORT's customized, a matching pull-along trailer built from scratch and a full bodied custom paint job on a Tonka Winnebago...not bad for 4 weeks effort ! LOL

RC Racer
    1/12 scale - Happy thread's_day !

Looks great... well done!
    Love that propane tank!

Time to take it out and have fun!

RC Qualifier
    Thanks Bach..1 week less it would have been 1/10 scale..lol

Appreciate you following along Squeegie..yes that was the most detailed propane tank I had encountered and it came they way you see it..
    I'll try to get some video footage curious to see how the trailer suspension reacts..I have some green dot springs I may throw on the rear of the tow rig..adjust accordingly once I have some time on it.

I have one more rig project up my sleeve that I'll probably get to later next week..
    Can't get started any sooner as that is the earliest I can get the parts here..

My 1/10 scale trailer license plate is due in today

RC Qualifier
    Fantastic! Really liking the finished result - so many little details that all make a difference. Really original and a top quality job as always!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Steeeve View Post
    Fantastic! Really liking the finished result - so many little details that all make a difference. Really original and a top quality job as always!

Much appreciated Steeeve..
    I know you of several on these forums know how much goes into some of these builds so it's cool that others can appreciate them especially those that 'get it' ...

Quick rundown..

Drag brake performance is notably different..lol
    Angles, inclines and many off-camber situations has exceeded my expectations for performance..
    My drop hitch only ended up being about a 1/4" drop which made a huge difference..
    The trailer turn radius in regards to truck bumper isn't an issue unless you back up and get yourself into a full jack-knife situation. Normal full lock right and left turns the trailer tongue doesn't even come close to the truck bumper.
    Trailer suspension works flawlessly when it has to work.. otherwise the weight of the trailer is not enough to have it working all the time...softer springs, thinner oil would probably fix that but honestly I'm happy the way it performs right now..I really don't want the trailer just floating around on the suspension anyhow.

Knowing now what I have seen and using it I would build another one without hesitation...in the end it was worth it as I got exactly the trailer I wanted to construct..

Couple action shots

...and my license plate came in

RC Racer
    This is a 'real' off-road/crawler trailer !

And the 2.2" rims appear terrific on the field ...

RC Qualifier
    Thanks Bach

Yes, I'm enjoying those wheels..2 full sets for this rig (6 rollers and 2 spares) and just ordered another set for the next build..I think I can squeeze in one more build before my son gets out of school for the year..will have to slow down the builds once he has more free time

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345