Thread: Savox SW-1250MG

RC poster

Savox SW-1250MG

Trying to decide on one of these vs two of the sw-0250's . Specs are identical until you bump the voltage up to 7.4v . Is this basically just an updated 0250 designed to take advantage of the higher voltage lipo batteries?

In general higher voltage is used to be able to transfer more energy with the current staying the same.
    Bear in mind that you need an ESC that is able to supply enough voltage and that the receiver is able to manage it.

Your topic title says 1250, but it seems 0250 is the subject.

I don't think one HV servo will be still significantly less strong than two normal ones. Besides that, in my opinion one servo is enough, especially when it's more powerful than the stock servo.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC poster
    Was definitely talking about the https://www.amainhobbies.com/savox-s...1250mg/p873493

Its rated higher than the 0250 just no one seems to have experience with them. I'll guess I'll just have to stick a volt meter on the servo channel to see if I have the voltage to take advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagibson1507 View Post
    Was definitely talking about the https://www.amainhobbies.com/savox-s...1250mg/p873493

Its rated higher than the 0250 just no one seems to have experience with them. I'll guess I'll just have to stick a volt meter on the servo channel to see if I have the voltage to take advantage.
    The reason most don't go with that servo is they are still running Traxxas electronics, which is only 6volts. So it doesn't make sense to buy the more expensive one for the same performance.

RC poster
    Awesome that's what I wanted to know.